“Great place but be wary of the steps”
Review of Villa Four Winds

Villa Four Winds
Ranked #12 of 176 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great place but be wary of the steps”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Only stayed here for two nights but it was excellent. Extremely clean and very modern. Some of the rooms have no views at all (except straight into the building opposite) but that didn't bother us, depends on what's important to you I guess. The owner of this villa is lovely, extremely warm and very hard working, she helped us all the way back to the Old Town entrance with our cases!! The only thing I would like to point out is that there are quite a lot of steps from the main areas of the Old Town up to the Villa, which proved a little difficult for my parents over the days we were there. Other than that, it's a massive thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brisbane
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed on the first floor for one night. Clean, comfortable room. No views. Looked onto opposite apartment, had to keep shutters closed as they could see in. Lots to steps to get to apartment, did not worry me. Owner met me on the top side, so not many steps down to apartment, with luggage. Owner was so helpful. Let me leave my luggage just outside my room when I checked out, as I was not leaving till 2pm. Let me keep main door keys as I could go when ready. Left keys in letterbox when I departed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Leicester
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed on 3rd floor in Villa Four Winds for two nighst before moving on to Mostar. Room was clean, comfortable and with a excellent view. Room had a fridge, ensuite bathroom and air con. No kettle or tea/coffee facility available. If you need a kettle then request in advance of arrival. We asked for a kettle on check in but did not get one until the afternoon before we were leaving. Hot water run out quickly during our stay. It seems to take ages to it heat up again. The location was excellent but lots of steep steps to get to it. Make sure you approach from the top of the street. From Pile Gate go on you left toward the cable car station. This approach from outside of the wall will take you to North gate. The street entrance is near Lady Pi Pi Restaurant. You will not have any contact with the owner. Good place to stay.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th Floor for view. No lifts.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rameshlcfc
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed on the top floor in villa four winds for three nights. New, clean and comfortable room with spectacular views. Only 4 rooms in the block. Close to a great little tavern and 125 steps to the placa. You need to be pretty fit because everywhere in the old town requires lots of steps but what a wonderful experience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The room was small but clean, and had a fridge, ensuite bathroom and air con, which was pretty much all we needed. The location was also great, although make sure you approach it from the top of the street (north) if you have any luggage, as there are LOTS of steep steps!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank blenderovski
Louisiana
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My first trip to Dubrovnik will not be my last.....I hope, and when I return, I will stay at the Villa Four Winds.....great staff......very helpful.....ivory clean and comfortable...room was on top floor with view of the Old Town and I could see the coast....great price.....glad I took Rick Steve's advice on this!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the double on the top floor!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bandman15
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and found that this place was very clean and well lay out, a chair or two would have been nice in the apartment. The guy we met was exceptionally helpful and friendly. The bed was big and comfortable with air-conditioning. The bathroom was very spacious and well lay out. The whole apartment seemed to be newly renovated. Only the problem was with the shower, the water did not flow out of the tray quickly enough and water leaks onto the floor. This may have been a problem for other people too but we did not mention to the owner. Hopefully the owner will read this. We didn't like to complaint. We would stay in this apartment again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple