“Beautiful tour!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$69.25*
and up
Montenegro: Budva and Kotor Day Trip from...
Ranked #29 of 165 Tours in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Adriatic Explore Dubrovnik Travel Agency is your dedicated and reliable Croatian partner for tours, day trips, excursions and boat rental service. We offer wide choice of services for exploring Croatia, Adriatic coast, Dubrovnik and its surroundings - Dubrovnik day trips, excursions in Dubrovnik area and day tours from Dubrovnik. We recommend: Montenegro day trip, Mostar day trip, Medjugorje excursion, Elaphite islands boat tour, Korcula wine tasting tour, Island of Mljet excursion, Peninsula Peljesac tour and much more at best prices! Specialized in: daily trips, day tours, excursions, boat tours, boat rental, speedboat transfers, private tours from Dubrovnik, coach tours and tailor made programs. Additional services: car rental, hotel, apartment and villa accommodation in Dubrovnik, MICE.
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I didn't have much time--only a long weekend--but I wanted to explore as much of the region as I could. I set up a tour to Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovinia. It was a place I probably wouldn't have gone on my own but I was curious. Our guide, Ivanka, picked us up at the hotel and then took us on a beautiful coastal drive to Mostar, explaining the history of the areas we were driving through. We had a terrific walking tour in Mostar and then some time on our own to explore. It was fascinating! I really liked the professionalism of the tour company--I had originally scheduled a second tour but, due to am airline strike, I had to push my whole trip back a day and wasn't able to make this other tour. Adriatic Tours was wonderful and understanding and refunded me the money for the tour I missed. I am so impressed by them and will definitely call them the next time I go to Dubrovnik.

1  Thank roxie1974
Tibor M, General Manager at Adriatic Explore Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Roxie1974,

Thank you for a kind review.
We are glad you liked our tour to Mostar and sorry you could not join our tour to Montenegro.
Thank you for being so kind and informed us on time. I was not a problem to refund you the money for the tour you could not participate in. We hope to have you on our tour next time.

Best regards from Dubrovnik

"booked this tour"
in 7 reviews
"small group"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 8 reviews
"dubrovnik area"

Reviewed January 24, 2014

During my recent stay in Croatia, I decided to sacrifice one day of sightseeing in Dubrovnik area in order to explore some famous attractions in neighbouring Montenegro. While I am not keen on organized tours and prefer to travel independently, I decided to book a tour as it seemed pretty complicated to see more than one town using public transport. For about 50 Euros, Adriatic Explor offered a good deal and also reviews were mostly positive.
This company proofed to offer great service and made my day trip pleasant and memorable.
They pick up relatively early at numerous hotels, apartment houses and other spots in the whole city. Our minibus was comfortable and modern. The tour guide Jana (if I remember her name well) was lovely, caring and had a great knowledge on the country’s history, culture and customs. We headed for Herceg Novi which we reached after about 1.5 hours and after a short stop for coffee and breakfast, we drove to Kotor, passing the famous fjord. Kotor is a beautiful city with a fantastic and well- preserved old town located between the fjord and some mountains. Without any doubt, Kotor was my favourite attraction on that day. Our group had a guided tour through the old town offered by a local guide for no surcharge (just tips). Unfortunately, it was raining so heavily that it was nearly impossible to enjoy what the city had to offer. In fact, the tour and also individual time for sightseeing were limited due to severe weather conditions. After having left Kotor, we drove to Sveti Stefan island to take some photos of this famous place. Then we headed for Budva where we spent the most of the remaining day. I did not like Budva very much, I would have prefered to spend more time in Kotor instead. While there is a small but nice old town and a long beach with an esplanade, I found the city to be ugly and commercialized in most parts. Strange stalls selling kitchy souvenirs and fast food as well as abandoned buildings give Budva a seedy character, otherwise it could be a decent destination. While in Budva, the weather improved and the sun came out so I could at least enjoy the time on the beach.
After several hours in Budva, we drove back to Dubrovnik where we arrived in late afternoon.
One thing I really liked about that tour is the fact that our group was not persuaded or forced to buy at local shops or manufactories. This type of sales tour is common in many countries around the world and I highly appriciate that I did not lose time in sales conversations.
Adriatic Explore provided excellent service on that tour and I would recommend them to family and friends. It was a great way to get an insight into Montenegro. My only suggestion for the company is to dedicate more time to Kotor and less time to Budva in future.

6  Thank WAW-Traveler
Tibor M, General Manager at Adriatic Explore Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear FrequentTraveller22,

thank you for taking some time to write a review regarding our services.
We are thankful for your comment and such a detailed description.
It will definitely be very useful for future travelers visiting Dubrovnik region.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Four of us booked a walking tour with Dee through the Old City and a coastal tour to Cavtat. Her knowledge and passion on their history and reconstruction is exceptional. She recommended one of our best lunches in Italy in Cavtat. Great day and well worth the private tour - complete with a driver as well.

2  Thank rsvp1
Tibor M, General Manager at Adriatic Explore Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear rsvp1,

thank you for your feedback after the tour in Dubrovnik and Cavtat.
Dee sends you her best wishes.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We booked this tour company based on the reviews online. The tours we picked from Dubrovnik were Mostar and Montenegro day trips. Tour guides were knowledgeable, professional, great looking ;) and nice (they even wore official clothing which impressed me). They arrived on time and the minibus was luxurious. Daniel, our driver drove safely on both tours! Ivana for the Mostar tour was a little bit more friendly than Anastassia. They gave us some freedom to tour both places on our own, which I liked, rather than being always with the tour guide. I loved being in a small group vs a large tour bus.

Overall highly recommended tour company.

4  Thank Rahul S

Dear Rahul,

we appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for a detailed review and great rate.
We are so happy to hear you liked the minibus we use for our day trips.

Best wishes in New Year !!