“Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and great wine”
Review of D'vino Wine Bar

D'vino Wine Bar
Ranked #15 of 373 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Wine Bar, Croatian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located 3rd street on the left from Pile gate entrance, old town Dubrovnik.. see you there :)
“Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and great wine”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

So glad we visited D'vino (twice in the 2 days we were in Dubrovnik!) with its laid back atmosphere and fantastic staff. We tried the tasting flight of 3 local red wines and had some cheese to go with it. The owner talked us through the wines and was happy to recommend other things we might like. A must visit!

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great tasting option!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a great little bar with a welcoming atmosphere. For wine amateurs (like myself and my partner!), it was a great introduction to Croatian wines - we were given 3 tasters of white and red wines, with a detailed description of how these wines are produced and how they should taste. I would definitely recommend to "beginners" and more experienced wine drinkers alike.

Sydney, Australia
“This is a wine bar .....thus NOT the The number 1 Restaurant in Dubrovnik”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It is simply wrong that a search of Restaurants on Tripadvisor Dubrovnik puts D'Vino No 1... And the owner of D'Vino agrees ! When I asked him how this was possible when he only did (a very enjoyable) cheese plate but just down the street from him is Gills, which really is special as a restaurant, he was genuinely embarrassed - especially as I was there for lunch.
The wine tasting IS great - it is an excellent and enjoyable thing to do but as a restaurant no it is not excellent, it is not even good, probably not even average...it's a really good WINE BAR.....

• Visited September 2013
Dvino-Wine-Bar, Owner at D'vino Wine Bar, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
How interesting it is ..... Taking my words and twisting them. Andy Andy. Firstly to have ordered our cheese platter you must have seen.... Cheese platter, dvino platter meat and cheese, antipasto platter, smoked duck and game pâté, kavijar, seafood platter doi need to go further. Yes we are formally a wine bar which serves food to match wine. Your review was in fact fare Andy but don't twist my words. Honestly I don't like the 1st position on TA. 4th - 5th is ideal and let me tell our guests why... Sometimes people have a different expectation for us . We are simple honest Wine Bar who prides ourselves on service , quality, having a good time and giving travellers a holiday experience. I don't hire for wine experience.... Hmmmm you say. Firstly I can teach wine you can't teach character or give somebody personality, you have it or you don't. And by the way embarrassed to see you at Gils??? I didn't even see you at Gils but I did recommend the restaurant to you. Just to finish.... Can anybody tell me what McDonald's is classified as?... Restaurant. Dvino Wine Bar.... Come enjoy have fun and eat some really naughty food ... Cheers
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Truely fantastic wines great recommendations, fab music taste and lovely staff.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

If your visiting dubrovnik you must go here for a glass of wine or two or three!! The wines are excellent who knew Croatia produced such good wine. The staff are very helpful an recommended some great wines to us including posup a wine from korcula (I think). Lovely place definitely worth a visit especially if your staying in the old city walls or having a night out I'm dubrovnik we went twice.

“Try the flight.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great little spot to hide from the crowds. $10 for a generous taste of 3 local wines. We might just have to stay here all day.

The Dingač is fantastic.

Thanks D'vino for a great afternoon.