“Best meal in Port Gruz ”
Review of Restaurant Amfora

Restaurant Amfora
Ranked #30 of 381 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Creative Dalmatian/Mediterranean Cuisine in an elegant setting. We offer fresh sea food, homemade pasta and great steaks from our charcoal grill set in our open kitchen. Only 3 restuarants in the area are certified to sell blue fin tuna and we are one of them. And we know how to prepare it ;)
Sydney, Australia
“Best meal in Port Gruz ”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were staying about a 10 min walk from Port Gruz and were looking for a restaurant close by and came here after reading all the fantastic reviews. We were glad we did! Best meal we've had in Dubrovnik (other best meal is Taj Mahal in the old city). Service was fantastic our waiter even taught us a few words in Croatian. Highly recommended!

1 Thank kittykat_206

• Turkish first
Hampshire
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

As already reported this is a beautiful contemporary restaurant. I personally found the menu a little limiting for my tastes and selected the lamb and beef skewers they were absolutely delicious served with peppers and aubergine in a sour cream/ cheese sauce. The service is relaxed and I only wish they had recommended ordering a side dish to compliment this lovely meal it would have made a great meal greater !! Dessert possibly the best chocolate fondant I've ever tasted. Dinner for two 2 courses and drinks £60 good value

3 Thank jooleye
dubrovnik
“Dubrovnik restaurant Number one”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The best restaurant in Dubrovnik. The food is fantastic, very modern preparing and the main thing very tasty and fresh. Beautiful interier. Pleasnt boss. Nice stuff. What ever you try it would be prepare like best meal (but it is only my opinion). Very nice vine list. It is worth every kuna you give for dinner or lunch in amfora.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank petra p
“Delicious food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We visited here in April (off season) having read reviews on Trip Advisor. As another reviewer mentioned, at the weekend lots of locals sit outside drinking and smoking but once inside there is a lovely restaurant beyond the bar.

We both had the wild boar goulash followed by chocolate soufflé, both of which were delicious. The restaurant was quiet, our waiter was attentive and the owner chatted to us as we paid. Our experience was very pleasant overall and we'd recommend visiting.

Prices were reasonable - 326Kuna (approx £40) for the food, 2 beers, 1 glass of wine and bread.

2 Thank aficemanuk
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

From the outside, this restaurant didn't look like much. However, we went because of the good reviews and it certainly didn't disappoint. The decor is gorgeous and modern. Admittedly, I was disappointed to see such a limited menu but that's just my personal taste, but chose the lamb and beef kebab with cous-cous and roasted peppers. It was absolutely delicious! My one complaint would be that I didn't see any cous-cous on my plate (luckily the vegetables were filling enough) and the same went for the Lava dessert with hazelnut ice-cream, which came with vanilla ice-cream. Only minor things that I didn't feel the need to inquire about. Tasty food at a decent price in a nice setting, what more do you want?

1 Thank Hollie-S-63