“HAving tasted the food I can only say one thing...”
Review of Restaurant Amfora

Restaurant Amfora
Ranked #29 of 407 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Creative Dalmatian/Mediterranean Cuisine in an elegant setting. We offer fresh sea food, homemade pasta and great steaks from our charcoal grill set in our open kitchen. Only 3 restuarants in the area are certified to sell blue fin tuna and we are one of them. And we know how to prepare it ;)
Reviewed October 29, 2012

It is great!

If your read the review I wrote about a month ago you might get an idea about what passes around as a warm welcome in Dubrovnik. But we have to look past that and analyze the quality of the food.

Now, what can I say, the next day we actually got to savour the famous food in Amfora. It is exactly like the others describe it. Excellent. The portions are big enough to satisfy anyone. Extremely tasty, well arranged, carrefully seasoned. A dream! I would recommend you this restaurant warmly, but, be advised. Book in advance! I hope indeed the quality will remain the same until my next visit in Dubrovnik and I also hope the staff will be more customer oriented, after all, this is the business!

Enjoy your time in Croatia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were quite surprised to feel lucky to have come here for dinner. The chefs and the staff were the best, friendly and the food amazing and reasonably priced. The roads outside were under construction and we wondered if it would be any good, there were a few people inside and so we went in.. Got this resturant 's name frm a trip advisor review, so we went out of our way to try them and were NOT disappointed.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The food, the staff, the service, the cooking...everything was perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely a must in Dubrovnik!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you are visiting Dubrovnik and try this restaurant it won't be a one off visit so good is the food and wine served here. We visited three times for dinner. Each dinner was excellent, faultless and a great all round experience.

The steaks were outstanding - better than we've eaten in some top London Michelin Star restaurants. The seabass was a joy to behold and an amazingly balanced and innovative dish. Beef ragu with gnocchi was sublimely tender. The figs stuffed with goat cheese were a wonderful combination of flavours. The chocolate souffle was divine with a gorgeous cherry coulis. Cheese board was of a great variety and huge! I could go on ...

As for the team behind this fantastic establishment ... I hate to call them staff ... they were so welcoming and hospitable! Zeljko was extremely charming at front of house and made us very welcome. Sasa was THE most friendly and helpful waiter/sommelier and had a huge knowledge of local Croatian wines (I only wish they exported them to the UK!). His service and attention was as effortless as it was excellent. I am sorry I don't know the name of the wonderful chef but I do know I want to adopt him!

Our host Kristian joined us to chat and had us sampling all sorts of wonderful unusual after dinner liquors and made us feel very welcome. He is a great guy with a great vision and dedication for his business! We salute and congratulate you Kristian on a superb restaurant with innovative and thoughtful dishes served with knowledge, grace and charm by a wonderful team! We'll be back!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant last night because of the other recommendations I read here. It was an excellent meal, and I can totally back up every other comment from other travellers. Its in the Gruz port opposite the ferry/cruise ship dock. Its not the restaurant with the sea view but it was very worth it! From the old town, take the number 6 bus. It was quiet when we arrived, began to become busier later on. The service was very attentive and helpful without being intrusive. The menu was great, local food used well, without being over priced like some of the french restaurants in town. We had Beef Carpacio with mustard to start, then as a main... Beef Ragu with Gnocci and sesame covered Tuna Steak. The wine was great and after a week of the local food, (which was good but plain and 'samey') this was a tasty welcome menu.

We went here on our last night, only wish it had been our first, I would have definately gone back.