“Handy spot for lunch, basic fare”
Review of Restaurant Komin

Restaurant Komin
Ranked #102 of 380 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: International, Croatian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Thurles, Ireland
“Handy spot for lunch, basic fare”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Handy spot for lunch if staying in the surrounding hotels and you want a change from the hotel bar, Place was nicely located in a wooded area, We stayed in October at the end of the season so place would I imagine be packed in the summer. This time of year waiter seemed surprised to see us. Food was good and hearty portions but basic ideal for a lunch time fill up. Would imagine service and setting would be better in summer but enjoyed our meal, menu had something for everyone - ideal for plain eaters

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank irishcitybreaker

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
suttons bay, Michigan
“Warm and inviting dinner awaits you.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The open fire pit was warm and inviting on a wet November night. Jill had tagliatelle pasta and I had a wonderful salad. Others had the fish platter and we watched as they grilled the whole fish on the open grill right next to us. The smell of woodsmoke and fresh fish is still lingering in my mind. For dessert I had to have the specialty dessert of the area ,palace inks, which are thin, crepe-like pancakes with chocolate sauce and chopped toasted walnuts. I want to serve them in my restaurant back home in Michigan.

Visited November 2012
reno, nv
“Eating in an enchanting park!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were serenaded by Croatian musicians. The food was cooked inside in a big fire pit. It was magic eating outside under the trees. Very typical food, something new was UNDER THE BELL, where the meat cooked hours in the charcoal.

• Visited October 2012
Cambridge England
“Steak Yes Fish No”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We as a group of two couples ate at this restaurant during the evening of Thursday 20th September 2012.Easy walking distance from the Hotel Aniston Importanne Resort where we were staying.
Restaurant Komin has a large outside seating area mostly under trees and a rustic style indoor seating area with a large BBQ grill within.Very pleasant. Service was average given that customer numbers were small.On arrival having been allocated our garden table I explored looking at the indoor BBQ and the mobile fish display outside.Not a lot of fish in the cabinet and what was there did not impress. Dull eyes past their best.
My wife and two friends ordered beef steaks and after talking with our waiter about a fish meal other than those in the display I settled for a grilled fish steak recommended by the waiter.(should have known better)
The three beef steak meals served came after about 45 minutes and were presented well and enjoyed. My fish was a crosscut fish steak with and additional unrecognised piece of some other fish.I ate some of it even though I did not recognise the fish by sight or taste. Fine until less than one hour later after going back to our hotel. I suffered a full twenty four hours plus of
- ALL- the symptoms of food poisioning. I was very uncomfortabley ill without doubt do to this fish meal.
This severely spoilt a couple of days of my holiday including a trip to Montenago the next day.
My conclusion was I should have heeded the warning sign in the display cabinet and stuck to my usual routine when eating fish.

Never eat fish that you have not examined raw, before cooking.

Consolation was the rest of my party enjoyed their meal without adverse consequence and hopefully this was a one of with the fish. I sincerely hope so. Mm.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank HarleyBikerhlfnsti
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, food almost so-so, waiter definitively a no-no”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We were quite disappointed by this restaurant.
Located half way between bus stop and shops/restaurants it looks good and inviting.
We would suggest to keep on walking and try one of the restaurants 5 minutes further up the path, where food is good and prices much lower.
What we had was not really worth discussing; it was sort of edible, and that's about it.
I would like to think waiter had a bad day, what might explain indifference verging on rudeness.

• Visited August 2012