“Disappointing guide”

Segway City Tour Dubrovnik
Ranked #32 of 147 Tours in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway City Tour Dubrovnik is the first official Segway tour of Dubrovnik, the Pearl of the Adriatic.Riding a SEGWAY – the first self-balancing personal transporter in the world, the amazing and useful vehicle that is easy to ride, there is new experience that thrills and fills you with excitement. Unrestrained, you will enjoy Dubrovnik's natural beauty, natural treasures and the coastal views, historical monuments, details and colours. Join us in the adventure!
UK
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Disappointing guide”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I don't like to leave reviews that are negative, usually preferring to focus on the positives. But in this case, I was a bit disappointed. I had been on a Segway tour before, in San Francisco, and at the end of the tour did not want to give the thing back - it was so much fun. Having read the reviews of Segway City Tour Dubrovnik, it seemed like a safe bet to have another go, and I was really looking forward to it. I came away feeling a little short changed.

The other reviews seem to be full of praise about their segway guides, but I did not feel the same about Leon, who was in charge of our tour. It started well - the training part was fine, and I felt he made sure everyone had a reasonable level of confidence in what they were doing before we left on the Hidden Bays tour. The Segways were in good condition. But that's where the plus points ended. Our guide did very little "guiding" after that, speeding away at the head of the group, taking us into very busy pedestrian areas with no effort to make sure people got through the crowds safely. Several times we were left to find our own way across roads, and I felt unsafe several times. We were only a small group of five, so I don't think it was due to an unmanageable number of people.

We were given no information about the areas we visited, no tips or advice on where to go during our trip, and it felt like the whole thing was a chore for our guide. Wish I could say something more encouraging, but this tour just didn't live up to expectations. Hopefully this was just an off day, and others won't have the same experience.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank cherrybombno1

Zurich, Switzerland
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Different. Original. Perfect with teens”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Really well organized. Ivan the tour guide was excellent. Came and found us at the meeting point. Explained everything in perfect English. Quick intro. Fun tour. Our teenagers (16 & 13) loved it.

Norway
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Positive Experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We took a tour with Ivan a couple of years ago and had a wonderful tour. We were on a one day shore excursion from a cruise ship and wanted to get a feeling for Dubrovnik. Ivan was a man that was proud of his country who wanted to share that pride and knew just about everyone around. Because of our positive one day experience in Dubrovnik, we have booked our summer vacation back to Croatia for 2 weeks with another family.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank jokrnoway
Benllech, Wales, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Afternoon out”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I only had one day in Dubrovnik as we were on a Cruise so prior to arriving, I emailed Segway City Tours Dubrovnik for details. I was promptly answered and it was explained clearly to me where we needed to meet, at what time and how much it would cost. We caught the No 4 Bus which went directly from the City Walls to the Hotel Dubrovnic Palace and as we were a little early, we cheekily made use of their sun loungers around the pool area in this beautiful upmarket hotel! The bus was 12 Kuna each for a ticket valid for 1 hour. So for the two of us, return tickets cost 48 Kuna - about a fiver in total.The bus ticket office is right by the old city walls and although they do not take Euro's, there's a cash machine just behind the office so simply withdraw the minimum amount - 100 Kn. The meeting place is the last stop on the bus - it is very easy to get there!
We met Nikolina outside the hotel at exactly the correct time. To call her a guide is an understatement. She was our trainer, our photographer, our lollipop lady and our friend by the end of the 90 minute tour. The Segways are very easy to use. Both my girlfriend and I were quite nervous however there was absolutely no need. Within 10 minutes we were Segway-ing down the road on the start of our Hidden Bays trip around the Dubrovnik peninsular.
The tour was great - there was just myself and my girlfriend being shown around by Nikolina and we really enjoyed ourselves. Despite being on a wonderful cruise, this was the highlight of our holiday.
I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Thebrookster3669
Worthing, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Segway - Opportunity not to be missed.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nicolina met us, trained us and led us on the bay tour. All with good humour, enthusiasm, efficiency and good local knowledge. Had we had longer we may well have taken a second ride a few days later. For UK readers i would suggest this is a better experience than those on offer at home which all seem to be off road. Here you get to get a proper tour as well as the experience itself. for the nervous, don't worry - these are very easy to use. Have a go.

Visited October 2013