“Afternoon tea with a chocolate fondant beyond words”
Review of Otto Taverna

Otto Taverna
Ranked #19 of 443 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dear guests, our little Taverna will be closed from 23. 11.2017. untill 01.03.2018. for vacation and renovation. We welcome you all to visit us and experience a cosy family run street side bistro next year. Due to some really unfair comments and reviews we must offer you some information hints and tips our little pride and joy. Please make note bookings requests are accepted through our website or our email and they can be made minimum one day in advance. If you have not received a booking confirmation on your phone or email, your reservation is not confirmed. Bookings may not be responded. For same day bookings please contact us by telephone but please be kind and have some patience if you are calling during lunch or dinner hours. We are a small restaurant in wich a waiter must stop serving his/hers guests to answer the phone and take your reservation. Thank you for understanding and welcome to Taverna Otto!
Reviewed December 31, 2018

I stopped in for late afternoon tea and snack after touring Dubrovnik all day. Otto Taverna is in Gruz, about 2km northwest of the old city. I was looking for a reasonably quiet place so I could unwind a bit before dinner with friends (elsewhere). Otto Taverna faces Gruz harbor, and is in a historic stone barrel-vault, so it is fairly insulated from traffic noise. I was greeted at the door by friendly staff, and quickly seated. Since I was between lunch and dinner, the taverna was fairly empty. My tea and chocolate fondant quickly arrived; the fondant was spectacular both in presentation and rich chocolate filling. I savored every bite, while watching boats coming in and out, and the sun gilding the harbor. I left the taverna feeling recharged and able to face the evening's events.

1  Thank Carol A S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch between events we were doing over the day. I had booked but this had not been necessary although you do get the peace of mind knowing they have space for you

A small restaurant, nicely decorated and perfect for its needs. A great choice of drinks and food all reasonably priced and beautifully cook and presented

Service was smooth and efficient which gave a very calm and relaxed atmosphere to the place

Definitely worth a visit and there is a large seating area outside too

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Actually, our only two dinners in the city. After dinner the first night we decided there were other items on the menu we wanted to try so we returned the next evening. The fish was remarkable, fresh and cooked perfectly. Lamb chops were delicious as was the veal. The service was friendly and competent with working husband and wife owners. Wine list let's you explore exciting Croatian wines.

Reviewed November 2, 2018

My wife and I went here for supper on a Saturday night due to a recommendation from our food tour guide. I would highly recommend reservations. We had them and were promptly seated. I had the tuna steak, which was very good. My wife was not as impressed with her food; okay but not memorable. Modern setting, with good service, and wine made the meal a pleasant experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

We stumbled on the restaurant near the harbor. The starter was a lemon and goat cheese risotto that was absolutely superb!! The main purse was beef cheeks and pork ribs. Both cooked to perfection with delicious flavors. And for desert we had the caramel panacota which divine! The waitress was friendly too. A real gem in the Croatian cuisine! Absolutely delicious!

Date of visit: November 2018