“I read mixed reviews but glad I went!”
Review of Otto Taverna

Otto Taverna
Ranked #12 of 381 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Comfortable and casual atmosphere of a small street side taverna, simple handwritten menu by our experienced chef, combination of traditional Mediterranean cuisine and contemporary preparation techniques, affordable prices and high quality wines served by glass...Welcome to Taverna Otto in Gruz bay! Please make note we are not able to accept email, Tripadvisor or online bookings requested for the same day. For same day requests please contact us by telephone. Thank you!
“I read mixed reviews but glad I went!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

How can an affordable #3 have such mixed reviews? I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The ambiance of the place is great, the staff was very friendly, and the price was reasonable. We started with onion soup and cauliflower soup. I'm not much into onions but those that are will surely be delighted. My cauliflower dashed with a bit of fresh cheese was phenomenal! If nothing else it's worth going in for a light lunch to taste the deliciousness that comes out in a bowl. Entrees were the tuna steak and ribs. Both again were good. I enjoyed my visit to Otto's and I would go again. I even overheard some other guests speaking of their visit the day before and liking it so much they came back. It isn't a 5 star meal but it's certainly filling and worth the price you pay.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Simple food and great service done exceptionally well”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Fab place. Wonderful ambience in what looks like an old wine cellar and there is also a nice terrace that is used in the Sunmer. The menu is limited but superbly executed and the onion soup with pastry top is a must. I had the steak cooked perfectly and the desserts were very good. Otto was front of house and waiter and service was very good. Didn't intrude in us but when asked about the restaurant was warm and open with us - a very nice guy obviously proud to own his restaurant and make diners feel welcome. Cannot recommend this place enough. Whilst a walk from the old town it was better than any other restaurant we tried in Dubrovnik over several days for lunch and dinner. Thanks Otto.

2 Thank Darren J
Sheringham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We visited the Otto Taverna on a Tuesday evening and enjoyed a meal and wine. Although there are a limited number of choices for courses, the menu was varied and the food/presentation was of a high quality and the prices good. We shared a goat's cheese/beetroot salad to start and followed with a confit duck leg and sea bass. We then enjoyed a platter of Croatian cheeses. All the courses were delicious. There was a good choice of wines and the prices were very reasonable. The owner was very helpful and friendly and the overall experience of the food and the service was excellent. The taverna has recently been refurbished and the surroundings were very pleasant and clean.

Visited March 2014
Oslo
“Charming place”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Charming taverna. The food was good and the prices were decent. Both Otto and his girlfriend was very accommodating.

• Visited August 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Not sure what all the fuss is about”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Went here after reading all the great reviews on trip advisor. The atmosphere was lovely and we were shown to a table outside on the terrace.
The menu was very limited, ordered the onion soup which looked great with its pastry top on pictures but it was disappointingly bland.
The prawn stew was not to my taste, I ate half of it out of politeness but the polenta was hard to stomach and the sauce was too strong and overpowered the suculent prawns.
The drinks were nice and the service was excellent. Might just have been my taste buds but will certainly be taking other reviews with a pinch of salt from now on.

2 Thank HannahABZ