“Unexpectedly good”

Otto Taverna
Ranked #21 of 412 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dear guests, our little Taverna will be closed from 23. 11.2017. untill 01.03.2018. for vacation and renovation. We welcome you all to visit us and experience a cosy family run street side bistro next year. Due to some really unfair comments and reviews we must offer you some information hints and tips our little pride and joy. Please make note bookings requests are accepted through our website or our email and they can be made minimum one day in advance. If you have not received a booking confirmation on your phone or email, your reservation is not confirmed. Bookings may not be responded. For same day bookings please contact us by telephone but please be kind and have some patience if you are calling during lunch or dinner hours. We are a small restaurant in wich a waiter must stop serving his/hers guests to answer the phone and take your reservation. Thank you for understanding and welcome to Taverna Otto!
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I visit Dubrovnik at least two times per year and know food scene good.
By recommendetion of my firends on 31st dec we droped by for the dinner.
We had onion soup and combination of sea bass with rumsteak wich was very very good but not
amazing.
The highlight was desert of almond parfe. The inside atmosphere and very firendyl owner made
this tavern for us new food destination in Dubrovnik.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

So I am confused reading all of these rave reviews - I went here with 3 friends and ordered a variety of things amongst all of us - and nothing was amazing! IT was all good, but the value wasnt good enough either to make me rave about it!

I would skip it and take a chance on some of the other places.

But the inside atmosphere is very nice for sure, and great service

1  Thank ilovecorndogs
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in on the off-chance. we were the only ones in there, as it's off-season. Food beautiful-massive rack of ribs and lovely rump steak with even lovelier pasta. Waiter very attentive and pleasant surroundings-that, plus bottle of nice wine, cheese board, chocolate desert and two baskets of bread and we still had change from 50 quid. Highly recommended.

1  Thank AverageBrit
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ate here on the last night of a five day trip to Dubrovnik. We had eaten in or around the old city every other night and had had some great food, but at very high prices. We decided to see what lay in the opposite direction from our hotel and found Otto's on trip adviser. We weren't disappointed. I had the onion soup and the ribs, which were superb. The soup came with a pastry lid, something I'd never seen before but which worked really well. My wife went with prawns and sea bass, which were also very good. That was washed down with a couple of bottles of local wine, and then more wine when we got chatting to the very nice couple sitting next to us. A great night.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed in Gruz while visiting Dubrovnik and happened across this excellent restaurant by chance. It sits close to the waterfront and would be delightful on a summer's evening, although we were visiting late in October.

The menu is varied and draws on local produce, the wine list is very good, again sourcing locally and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable about both the food and wine. In terms of price, I'd say very good value for the quality of produce.

It's not the biggest place so booking is probably advisable, but we would really recommend it. We visited twice in a four day stay