House Renata
The Pucic Palace(Dubrovnik)
Hotel Stari Grad(Dubrovnik)
APARTMANI LEPUR(Dubrovnik)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold portgreat apartmentperfect locationwould definitely stay here againeasy accessrenatowallshost
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights here. We had a hard time finding a place to stay in Dubrovnik for a reasonable price, but this place was right - 50EUR/night in September. We also literally had a hard time finding the place, but were able to ask a few people in the neighbourhood and they knew where we were going.

I believe we stayed in the least expensive/most basic of the rooms. It was still a decent size for us, although there was a lot of large furniture in it which was a bit awkward. Like, a gigantic solid wood dresser and a really big table in the middle of the room. There is a mini fridge, which is nice. Wifi worked fairly well but sometimes had to stand in a certain part of the room to get connected. A/C worked well. No problems with the shower/hot water at all.

We didn't really see Renata much at all on our stay. The big selling point of this place is the location and the price. Other than that I would say our stay was average.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissWanderlustCA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here with a friend during a trip of 4 cities and 4 hotels. This was the best in every way. The air conditioning was powerful. This may not seem like a big deal, but when you are traveling during a heat wave, this is crucial. This place is also spotless. It feels good to stay in a place where people take such good care of their facility. And the couple who run it are just genuinely nice people. The location can't be beat either. I fell in love with Dubrivnik. I will gladly return and most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nazrio00
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The three of us shared the top floor apartment looking out over the old harbour. It couldn't have been a nicer place. It was air conditioned, which turned out to be a MUST for August. There was a little kitchen to cook meals and two spacious rooms. Renata was a great hostess, the location was fantastic and while it was a bit more expensive than we had hoped, it was worth it!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HollyKennaHeath... M
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I heard of this place from my brother who had been here, and I'm glad I followed his advice and stayed at Renata's place! I was with my husband and we stayed for 10 days, in 2 different rooms. Both were excellent: the other one had a wonderfull view to the old harbour but shared bathroom (which was cleand and nice) and the other had a view to the back yard but a private bathroom.

And air conditioning was something you could'nt survive without. We were there in August, and it was 30 c, which is a lot for us Finns.

If you want to meet new people, this is not your place. There is no public areas and we hardly even saw other visitors. But if you want a peacufull and quiet place in the middle of the old town, this is your place.

If you have a chance to stay here, STAY. You won't regret it. It is in the middle of everything but still peacefull and feels almoust like home.

SWIMMING TIP: There is a small swimming place (no beach, just rocks but really nice) just next to the corner of the old harbour and besides the city walls. Just ask Renata, she goes to swim there too. It's really close to the hostel and the breakwater but a bit tricky to find.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurella_316
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed in both an en-suite bedroom on the second floor, and the third floor apartment. Both were well priced for being in the old city, with complimentary wifi, a take-and-leave book library, and very friendly, knowledgeable hosts. The apartment is by far the best, with a view of the old harbor, separate bedroom, a large, open room with table and small kitchenette (stove included) and a bathroom. Two of the bedrooms have views of the harbor too, but have a shared bathroom. Location is wonderful. Don't even question this one, just stay here. I hope to be back!

Room Tip: Third floor apartment! Great price and great view!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple