“Good and fresh sushi”

Oyster & Sushi Bar Bota
Ranked #8 of 373 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Dubrovnik's new gem where diners enjoy a beautiful fusion of Dalmatian and Japanese cuisine. A unique place in the Old City to taste fresh oysters grown at the oyster farm in nearby Mali Ston Bay. This bay is the last place where the "Queen of oysters" (Ostrea edulis) still grows. The Oyster & Sushi Bar Bota is located in the charming, small alley by the Cathedral.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Good and fresh sushi”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

On our first night in Dubrovnik we decided to try something quite different from the other restaurants in the Old Town and have some sushi. The restaurant itself is not far from the main harbour and a sign in the square shows you where to find it - like the rest of Dubrovnik it's a bit of a maze!

The restaurant has an enclosed terrace with stools and high tables. There's not really a view which is a shame but you are here for the food. There is quite a good wine list and other drinks to chose from and they soon arrived after ordering.

The menu is simple and well laid out with photos to show you what you will receive. If you like sushi there is quite a good selection to chose from.

I started with 4 oysters and I must admit they were small and very ordinary - sorry I can't really recommend them. We had a selection of sushi rolls and tuna tarter and it all arrived on one platter. The food was well prepared and the fish obviously fresh but overall was OK rather than great - what I mean is that nothing stuck out as being special. The tuna tartar was very good although cold have been a bit spicier for me.

So overall a good meal but will be trying other restaurants in Dubrovnik rather than coming back for a second helping. Worth noting that its good value as sushi goes - spent about £37 for a meal for 2 with a drink each.

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
“Sushi out of place?”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I must say a daring approach to offer Japanese food when there are so many local options. The oysters are of course good but the sushi menu is rather limited and caters to European taste. The rice is a bit "mashy". Service is good. They could have done so much more with local ingredients like octopus, small fish, etc. Suggest to stick to local food.

Visited June 2013
Oyster and Sush... B, Owner at Oyster & Sushi Bar Bota, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Our dear guests,

We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for being our guests at the Oyster & Sushi bar Bota.
We wish to apologize for the rice not being cooked according to your taste.

Offering sushi is a daring approach but also a logical one considering the quality of the tasty, fresh fish which we get every morning from the local fisherman. We successfully managed to create wonderful fusion of Japanese and Dalmatian cuisine which makes a hit among locals here in Dubrovnik.

Our menu is not large and complex as we strive to focus on creativity using only the most tasty vegetables, fish and shellfish. We offer fifty different delicacies and our goal is to have them fresh every single day.

Here are few most famous dishes made with local ingredients:
Oysters in tempura
Sashimi Adriatic Amberjack
Smoked ham tuna
Tuna carpaccio Bota style
Shrimp carpaccio
Tiger prawns / shrimps in tempura

Looking forward to welcoming you again in Oyster & Sushi bar Bota we send our kindest regards,

Pero Sare
Owner & Manager
Ireland
“Excellent sushi, great service, lovely location!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We ate here just a few days ago. I'm not a particular sushi fan, but my partner really is so we gave it a go. I explained that I didn't really eat sushi/seafood and so the server had some veggie maki rolls made for me. My partner got great recommendations from the server, who also suggested that he could squeeze some of my vegetarian maki on to my partners order so I didn't have to pay separately for them. So helpful and genuinely friendly. Lovely location, but easily missed. Just take steps from front left of cathedral, then at top go left again. Would recommend 100% if you like really fresh sushi and friendly attentive service :)

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will Be Back!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went to Dubrovnik and decided to have some sushi and oysters with my buddy - food was great and the ambience was awesome as it is quiet and relaxing. The best part was the friendly Tony who was great in his job - thanks for the free Sake shots - we hope we provided you some insight of the quality with our minute experty in this area!

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“so fresh!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

delicious hidden little spot. sushi was really fresh. try the tiger prawn tempura! waiter seemed a little annoyed with our large order..but sushi is ordred by piece soo...?

Visited May 2013