“good experience”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“good experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Most restaurants offer similar choices so all deserve a good review.This is one of the bigger one s wiyh more of a view to enjoy.

Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Great location, poor food”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Gordon Ramsey needs to visit here- Desperately needs a menu and kitchen overhaul.We were enticed by the offering of a free drink and the music playing. But quickly that changed. The waiter was more interested in stroking his own ego than anything. We ordered the Shrimp Risotto and Lamb chops. The risotto appeared to be re heated and was not fresh. The lamb chop appeared to be mutton. Very tough and very little meat, more bone than anything. The side dishes we had to remind the waiter to bring out. My girlfriend asked for a coke, the waiter made a point of asking if she wanted regular or coke zero. She asked for regular and he still bought her coke zero anyway. When it came time to leave he told us he would be right back with the bill, five minutes later he appeared and said the computer was acting up. Overall poor quality food. Left hungry. Again great location, just very poor food. Waiter needs to pay attention to the guests and not himself.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank GlbalTrvl
“Surprise Menu”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I visited Dubrovnik with friends after a ten year absence. I love Dubrovnik. On the first night my friends organised dinner at Konoba Penatur right next to the Church of St Blase. We has a great mean although if it were left up to me I wouldn't have ordered the eel and frog stew, whose name I don't know in Croatian. Luckily I didn't order because I would have missed out on a delicious meal. I would have ordered the fillet steak and been rewarded for my conservatism because the steak was exceptional.

The wine was reputed to be altar wine used in Church. It was a lovely dry white and we drank a lot!

I was a guest so I never saw the bill. I can only imagine that it was expensive from the high quality of the food, the conscientious and friendly service and location just off the main thoroughfare of the old-city of Dubrovnik. It was a balmy June evening and set the four day mini holiday off to a very good start.

Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pilovr
London, United Kingdom
“Could Be Better..”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We came here one afternoon for brunch and in hindsight this was probably a bad choice. Its ashame really considering the good location this has as well as an upmarket look/feel. We ordered the Scampi Risotto & Omeltte with fries/chips.
Whilst my order was okay, the Risotto was a big let down! Rather than coming with Scampi, we're pretty sure it was infact a PRAWN Risotto! It had a rather stale-fishy after taste to it and just didn't sit right. As let down as we felt, we didnt kick up a fuss and just ate what we could (personally cant see food going to waste)!

SOME of the staff at times also felt very unapproachable which just added to the poor experience.

On the whole, we would personally tell others to think twice about coming here..but the choice is yours to make!

1 Thank Suhail-and-Rubi
india
“Terrible highly priced don't even think about it”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We visited the restaurant end may and ordered the seafood risotto. This should take at least 30mins in a good restaurant however this came in 10 mins.the first one tasted just ok the second one was sour and the seafood and rice had no flavour other than overpowering sour taste,the rice was not arborio or nano or carnolori , no starchy flavour associated with risotto . It looked like some one pre cooked the rice and just added some pre boiled seafood and tomato purée and it set us back by 14 euros a plate. Try auto grill on the Italian highway has better risotto for quarter of the price

• Visited May 2014