“Hidden gem”
Review of Konoba Ekvinocijo - CLOSED

Konoba Ekvinocijo
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small family restaurant tucked away from the tourists and crowd. Really quiet location, not even 20 meters away from the beautiful Buża bar.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We visited this little courtyard restaurant up near the top of the city walls after seeing good reviews. The service was very good and the food and wine were lovely. It was nice not having people rushing past us, as many restaurants in Dubrovnik are on streets with passers-by. The fish platter was very generous, with far more vegetables than were mentioned in the menu. Everything is organic here too. Worth the climb. Follow the sign near the cafe Buza.

1  Thank musers

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We found this restaurant when we walked the ancient walls. They advertised organic and local foods. I can say that the vegetables they offered were super delicious, the best I have had so far. Their house red wine was super tasty! It had a little something different that made it very drinkable! I had the Mussels buzzara. The only thing negative comment I have, is that the local mussels are very small. The sauce was delicious though! My Dad is not a very big fan of the bread here, but he orders olive oil to drench it in. My mom had the seafood salad, which she only had good remarks about. This place is difficult to find though. It flanks the side of the ancient walls that face the sea. There is a large crack in the wall from the earth quake that I found beautiful. Sitting next to such a huge wall was a fun and cultural experience! My best directions are: When entering the main gate, walk down the Stadun until you are in a 'square' and you see the Churches. Turn right and go towards the end. There was a market at the end when we walked. Go up 5 or so stairs, you will a Terrace Karmen restaurant. Up the stairs and just to the right of the restaurant there is an alley that does not have a sign for the restaurant. Take it straight towards the wall.

1  Thank vertrude
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We saw this restaurant first from the walls of the fortress when we took our tour the previous day. The next day we looked for it, it was really like a treasure hunt, getting around those small streets of the Old Town. And then we found it. Fresh fish (catch of the day, very-very pricey - over 50 or 60 eur per kilo, but hey, it's once we come to Dubrovnik, right?), nicely cooked, soft and juicy, very tasty, with a side dish of Swiss chard and potatoes. The cheese in oil from the starter was a bit dry, but I guess that's the style. The waitress Marijana was very helpful with the wine. One thing though: fix the problem with the water running from the AC upstairs, please! Otherwise, a great cosy restaurant for a dinner with your loved one!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We found this restaurant after having gone in search of and having found Buza Bar on our first evening in Dubrovnik. We really enjoyed our meal here and would have returned except that we like to try different places each day. I had the Spaghetti Belladonna ( I think that is what it was called) and it was simply delicious, the best meal I had on our travels. The waitress was very attentive, the food was delish and it was in lovely and quiet area. I would definitely recommend Konoba Ekvinocijo

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very glad we found this restaurant and we ate here three times during the week. Food excellent and well worth it's price. Especially Chef's Fillet Mignon was a true hit. Only a three minute walk away from the busyiest alleys you can have a very nice meal without people queing next to your table which is often the case in the most crowded alleys. Booking a table is recommended. Service one of the friendliest in all Dubrovnik. Very much recommended.