“Fantastic Stay - Thanks Nikolina!”
Review of Villa Sigurata

Villa Sigurata
Ranked #5 of 179 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
“Fantastic Stay - Thanks Nikolina!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Sigurata for 4 nights towards the end of May with my parents also tagging along. Nikolina and her husband Luca were very helpful and welcoming, showing my wife and I, and my parents, to our rooms and providing us with a map and advice on sights/restaurants that we might like to visit. The rooms themselves were excellent, we opted for en-suite bathroom facilities (I note that one rerviewer seems to have written a negative report despite the fact that they opted for shared bathroom facilities!). Both the bathroom and room were extremely modern and were kept spotlessly clean throughout our stay. In addition to this we also had the use of a shared kitchen-diner where we could prepare our own meals whenever we desired. Overall, I cannot fault the Villa Sigurata in any area and I would recommend the rooms to anyone looking to stay in the centre of Dubrovnik Old Town.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HungryThor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed on 1st June for 1 night and were delighted with the accommodation and welcome from Nikolina. We stayed in the annex which is in the heart of the Old Town and the rooms were refurbished circa 2 months ago to an excellent standard - modern, but retaining original features. We were met by Nikolina upon arrival who gave us good hints/tips on places to visit and eat. Dubrovnik Old Town is not massive, but it's definitely worth staying within the Old Town walls as opposed to outside, as the place is so full of character that it will add to your stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NW22
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Firstly, let me start by saying if you have any interest in going to Croatia - DO IT! I was stunned by it's beauty. Beaches, mountains, villas. Everything. Stunning. I would take every friend I have, one at a time, to do this trip all over again.

My stay started with the unbelievable, Nikolina. She met me at the gate, took my to my room, gave me a map, suggested some day excursions, restaurants, snacks, shops, etc. She made sure everything was good in the room (and it was!) and she was always around to assist when needed.

The room was recently remodeled and quite nice. I was in the annex in a room with my own bathroom (i've read reviews on here that share bathrooms -- not always the case). The double bed was 2 singles pushed together -- not the end of the world. The bathroom was a little small but, again, who travels to use the bathroom?

It was very affordable, private, quiet, and not only would I come back again but I'd also suggest it to everyone.

If I HAD to point out negatives:
- Check out time is 10am... just a little early -- however Nikolina gave me a key to the main door and let me leave my luggage locked up safely.
- This did not phase me at all, but for older travelers, do note that the annex building is on the other side of Old Town (a quick 4 minute walk). Do keep in mind that there are lots of stairs, winding streets, tons of tourists. It can be tricky. But if you can carry your suitcase, even for 2 minutes, you can make it!

I had an amazing time! THANK YOU NIKOLINA!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KennySullivan
London, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at Villa Sigurata as a family of three at the end of May for only one night. Although short, our stay was excellent. Nikolina was friendly and obliging and met us to show us our apartment even though it was rather late. She was also helpful with respect to finding parking outside of the Old Town. There are apparently several locations owned by the family, and we had a three-bed apartment all to ourselves in the Old Town. The rooms were clean, cozy and in an amazing location. Very picturesque! When we come back to Dubrovnik, we will definitely visit again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank leely13
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was my favourite hotel during my european trip!
It is close to all attractions, but still very quiet location, staff is great! rooms are comfortable, airconditioned, tastefully decorated..I would reccommend to all my friends!
Thank you for your hospitality!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danny1982174
yorks
Reviewed May 30, 2013

when I first saw the steps leading up to the villa, I almost turned around and headed back to the airport! However, after a week of eating pizza and ice cream, I was glad of the exercise! Clean, convenient and friendly accommodation minutes from everything but far enough away to be quiet. The shared bathroom was a bit of a pain in the middle of the night, but we knew about that before we went. there was always hot water, and never a queue so it wasnt a problem at all :)
we will both go back when we have the chance and wouldnt hesitate to stay at the same place :)
Thanks a lot Nikolina and Luca.

Room Tip: Dont book if you hate stairs! Try to visit the Sigurata church next to the villa.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Denver
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The whole experience couldn't have been more enjoyable. Was met by Luka at the airport and Nikolina at Pile Gate, who then escorted us through town, pointing out various highlights. Our location was by the Old Port, which could not of been more picturesque. The accommodations were more than you could hope for. Spotless, clean room, air conditioning, TV, fridge in room and an ensuite bathroom. Nikolina provided us with maps and restaurant recommendations and her cell number if ever needed to contact her. Her availability and concern that you were having a great time, made the trip even more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends