“Perfect location and great value”
Review of Guesthouse Peter

Guesthouse Peter
Ranked #401 of 516 Specialty Lodging in Dubrovnik
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After a brief mix up on rooms, Darco informed us the guesthouse was full but he found a nearby room for us. My wife and I were weary but followed. The new room was 2 minutes from the original room in a perfect location and was actually an en suite apartment.

The guesthouse is in the best possible location near old town, but away from the crowds. It's also right near the small harbor where we swam each morning. The value was amazing compared to other rooms we viewed.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very nice and cozy guesthouse, located basically next to the Pile Gate. The hostess, Anka, was very sweet and treated us well. The room had air conditioning and a comfy bed.

This was, for us, the perfect place to stay in Dubrovnik, since it's cheap and very close to the old town! Really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Some friends and i just came back from a fantastic 5 day stay in this awsome city..we were on a budget and we chose guesthouse Peter..The BEST CHOICE EVER!!!! extremely clean, friendly and helpful owners, quiet and literally 5 min walk from the old city entrance!

Room Tip: Ask the owners for parking arrangements they will be very helpful!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2011

really enjoyed staying here, perfect location just by side of old city walls with a cove to swim in about five minutes walk away. actually preferred staying not exactly in old city as more spacious. owner very friendly and really happy to help with any questions, recommended day trips to islands and where best beaches are. i liked the room and the bathroom was spotless. (owner's brother also taxi driver so can arrange pickup/ dropoff to airpot, helpful if flights early or late)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tripsplit
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My partner and I travelled to Croatia in June 2011 and this is where we stayed.

I can tell you now, even though this was my first time in Dubrovnik, this Guest House was one of the best finds I've ever come across. Located literally seconds away from the Walls of the Old City, this Guest House will take some beating. Never have I stayed in accommodation with such amazing hospitality and friendliness and believe me, I have stayed in quite a few hotels. The host Anka was wonderful and made us feel really at home, as well being very informative and helpful in terms of what to see and do etc. The room we stayed in had its own kitchen and bathroom which was an unexpected bonus. I was expecting an en-suite bathroom but a kitchen also was really the finishing touch. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean but not just that, the whole place was well kept and looked after. It also wasn't too big which I thought made it a little more unique and 'personable'.

During our stay, we did not eat any food so I am unable to comment on the quality of the food.

To summarise; this place really is the hidden gem of Dubrovnik. Even though this has been my only visit to the country, I am really confident that Guesthouse Peter is one of the best in the area. It is in a fantastic location, but this is only part of it. The place is spotless and is like a home from home and when you're being looked after by such a charming and friendly host like Anka, then you know that you have really struck 'gold' in terms of accommodation. I would highly recommend this Guest House to anyone who wishes to visit Dubrovnik for their holidays because I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeyGS
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed here because I was on a budget, and looking for something that wasn't a hostel. Calling it a guesthouse is correct- it felt like this was someone's family house that had been converted. I had a bedroom, the bathroom was across the hall, and the shower was in another bathroom down a flight of stairs, near the coffeemaker. Everything was clean, the hostess saw to it that I was comfortable (calling me dahling all the while), and the location is excellent- just past the entrance to the Old Town. It was surprisingly quiet given how central it was.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is a great place to stay within very easy walking distance of the old town of Dubrovnik. Guesthouse Peter is clean and comfortable. The welcome from the owner was friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her during our stay. There is a small kitchen for the use of the guests, towels and a hair-dryer provided and an outside space to enjoy watching the world go by. Great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends