“Not all Kayak companies are the same!”

Adriatic Kayak Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$62.60*
and up
Full-Day Guided Biking and Kayaking Tour in Dubrovnik
More attraction details
Owner description: Adriatic Kayak Tours offers guided sea kayaking and multi-sport half-day, full-day, and week-long tours on Croatia's Dalmatian coast and islands and in Montenegro. Founded in 2005, 2016 marks the company's 12 season operating in Dubrovnik. Activities include sea kayaking to multiple islands to swim and snorkel, cave swimming, hiking, cycling, and white-water rafting in Europe's largest river gorge. The company is owned and managed by an American with training in wilderness management and leadership. AKT guides are both experienced kayakers, great resources on the history and culture of the region, and always fun to be with. We invite you to spend a day, 2 days, or a week with AKT experiencing the incredible beauty of the Adriatic Sea, the Dalmatian Islands, and the mountains and canyons of Montenegro.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not all Kayak companies are the same!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked a one day kayak tour through this company based on a friend of a friends recommendation and were really glad that we did. There are lots of people near old town trying to sell Kayak tours, I thought they all must be pretty much the same... but while we were out on our own tour we saw other groups on kayak tours and quickly realized that they are not all the same and we were happy that we sought out Adriatic Kayak Tours. I believe you can make reservations online & over the phone, but we ended up going in person to their office which is up a street (which was really just lots and lots of stairs) and basically in a house. We talked to one of the owners, he seemed like a great guy, he signed us up for the 3 island kayak tour. Our guide, "G" (he told us his full name but G was easier to remember), was awesome... he grew up in Dubrovnik so he was a great tour guide, he told us fun facts and was super patient when I was struggling with steering and overall being a not so great kayaker. (He ended up adjusting the rudder on my kayak and we were good to go.) We paddled to a couple different islands & caves, stopped for a ridiculously fresh/delicious lunch on one island, then had a beer while we waited for the ferry to come back for us. It was a really fun day, definitely one of the highlights of our whole trip.

Visited July 2013

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous week kayaking around Lopud”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Loved my recent week's trip with Adriatic Kayak Tours kayaking off Lopud island. I travelled on my own and it was reassuring to have all the transfers, arrangements and kayaking equipment taken care of. The scenery around Lopud is stunningly beautiful and peaceful. Gorgeous sunsets! I booked for the first week in October and the island was much quieter than I expect it is in peak season which I enjoyed. The food over the week was outstanding, great octopus, pancakes, home made wine and cherry/walnut liqueurs, I could go on - which made for relaxing and social evenings with the group! The island also has a great little bakery for coffee and biscuits. Josip, our guide for the trip was brilliant - very professional, making sure everyone was OK but without being restrictive and loads of fun. He also knew the area very well making for fun stops and diversions during the day. Big thanks Josip! Thats the nice thing about how the trip has been organised - all details have been taken care of, transfers, equipment etc. and its very professionally run but is flexible enough for changes to be made depending on the group. Timing of the trip also makes it very easy to spend a few extra days in Dubrovnik. Was very sad to leave beautiful Croatia but will definitely do another trip with AKT in the future!!

Visited October 2013
Hong Kong
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Half Day Kayak in Zaton Bay”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked our 1/2 day kayak tour. They only have the kayak tour in Zaton Bay because they don't want o kayak in a busy area. Zaton Bay was less crowded. Our guide, Dom, was very friendly & professional. He show us & explain the mills in the bay. He brought us to a beach when we can swim & snorkel. But we are too tired to do so. We ends up go to the restaurant on the beach & the food was excellent. (Dom had also made some excellent suggestion of restuarant in Dubrovnik for us). I would definitely book another tour with Adriatic Kayak if I return to Dubrovnik again

Visited August 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lopud 5 day kayak tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just the best kayak holiday possible! Spent a week bobbing around on the Adriatic, sampling some of the best food I've ever tasted enjoying the stunning scenery and wonderful company, courtesy of my fellow kayakers from Canada, Australia and the UK. The base island, Lopud, is beautiful and well worth the effort to take the time to book longer tour, as I had gone on a half day tour a few years earlier with one of the companies that operates from outside the Pile' gate and to say it paled in comparison does not do AKT justice. Our guide Josip, knew all the trade secrets of the area and kayaking and as a novice in a group of experienced kayakers, it was nice that he made all of us feel comfortable on the water. I would say that you need a minimum skill level but moderate fitness as some of the kayaking can be mildly strenuous but the exertion is soon forgotten when you are surrounded by such natural beauty. I had a close encounter with some local wildlife for which I am forever indebted to my new kayaking friends for looking after me, but that should not distract from how excellent this trip is, and I wholeheartedly recommend this trip, so much so that I am planning to return next year to give it another go!

Thank-you Adiatic Kayak Tours, Josip especially and also Tammy for an experience I will never forget and one I hope to repeat next year.

Visited September 2013
Manchester, England
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great half day session along a beautiful coastline”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Did the half day tour from a local bay in slightly windy conditions. Our guide, Dom, was friendly and professional and took us around the bay and out along the coastline before we reached a secluded beach where we couLd snorkel. We then headed back to a restaurant for some lunch and a quick beer. The whole thing last lasted about 5 hours, but only cost around £30 so was great value for money. Overall, a fantastic experience and a great way to take in some stunning views.

Visited October 2013