“Great find just off the main stripe”
Review of Moskar Konoba

Moskar Konoba
Ranked #88 of 412 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small restaurant in Old City of Dubrovnik offer a nice choice of fine sea food, vegetarian, pastas and meat dishes, prepared with traditional and local ingredients. Pleasant ambiance, outdoor seating, good food and best Croatian wines is excellent choice for your dining in Dubrovnik.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We found Moskar after going to Nishta to find a massive queue for tables so walked down the strip and stumbled upon this... I'm glad we did.

I had perfectly cooked (homemade) Lamb Ragu Pasta and my wife had an amazing vegetable Rissotto.

As she was pregnant we were also pleasantly surprised they stocked Non-alcoholic beer!

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

If you walk off main strip in the old town up a side street to higher level you find better priced restaurants with a price that justifies quality

Too many restaurants in main strip cater for cruise liners with average food at high prices however look beyond and you find quality.

A good menu with fresh foods, myself and my partner both enjoyed our meals.

The waiter recommended the chocolate tart for desert and I would genuinely say the nicest I have had.

Croatian wines are very good I had the house red and it was smooth, a fine red for house wine.

A happy Scottish couple on our holidays thanks

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had an excellent meal. We were sitting outside and although it rained for half an hour we remained dry. The grilled scampi's and the homemade pata with lamb ragout were very good. This konoba is just behind plaka (the main street) .

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had the Tuna steak and this was huge and really fresh, very well cooked as well, still very pink in the middle. We also had the Fillet Steak Adriatic which was also very big and perfectly cooked. It came with a white wine sauce which was unusual but worked OK.

The staff were really good, friendly and very attentive, topping up our wine every time we had some.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We ate at Moskar based on the recommendation of the owner of the apartment we were staying at. Her previous recommendation was great so we decided to try another place. We stopped by in the afternoon and reserved at table. When we arrived for dinner, another couple was sitting at the table we had reserved which ticked us off. We were ignored for about 5 minutes, unusual in Dubrovnik since everyone is constantly trying to entice you to eat at there place. In the end, we ended up with another table and had a good meal.

I once again ordered the Pasticada, which I had also eaten in Split. Here at Moskar, the meat was much more tender, it literally fell apart. My wife ordered chicken stuffed with ham and cheese which she also liked very much. Dinner before tip cost 349 Kuna, or about $62 US, which included drinks and appetizers for both of us.

If they would not have screwed up our reservation and ignored us I would have rated it higher.