“Excellent food, wine and service”

Restaurant Dubrovnik
Ranked #6 of 407 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Dubrovnik is constantly proving its reputation as being amongst Dubrovnik's top class restaurants, serving a consistently good quality food with a distinctly modern Dalmatian twist. Situated literally minutes from the main street Stradun and just a stone throw from the popular Green market, featuring the most recognizable terrace in the Old Town, this delightful place is set in one of those secluded corners of the town's enchanting little streets, providing the guests with just an ideal level of privacy whilst still keeping the feeling of belonging to the old urban centre. Together with exquisite service, its elegance and inspiring ambience encourages return visits since it has been reopened in 2006.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We chose Restaurant Dubrovnik based on Reviews on this site and were glad we did. What a find amongst the many similar restaurants off Stradun in the old city. The scallops and spinach pancake starters were delicious, followed by lamb chops and chicken with smoked cheese and ham. The recommended wine was excellent and the service personal, friendly, attentive and unobtrusive. Finally, there's an intimate atmosphere from the terrace location that rounded off the experience. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Graham R

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I ate here one evening in late Sept. We arrived at 7 and had the restaurant to ourselves until 8 when it was suddenly filled. The service and the food were excellent. We each had wine, a green salad and sea bass . His was cooked in salt and mine was grilled. Both were very good. They have a varied, interesting menu and wine list. it is on a 2 nd story terrace ( no view) but very pleasant. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent food experience. Traditional Croatian food with a modern twist.The covered outdoor location on the large terrace is very beautiful. We also experienced a very good and friendly service.After three days in Dubrovnik, this is our favourite restaurant and the food was worth the money.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

After a couple of average meals in Dubrovnik, as foodies we were starting to get worried, so we went with Trip Advisor... which has never failed me before. We picked Restaurant Dubrovnik based on it's reviews, not really knowing what to expect, but craving an amazing meal. It did not disappoint! Hands down this was our favorite dining experience in Dubrovnik. If we had found it sooner we would have returned. The atmosphere is cozy, quaint, romantic, on a second floor terrace nestled back in the old town. Speaking of romantic, I was there with 2 girlfriends and it was great for friends as well! We were there late on a weekday so it wasn't totally full. The service was amazing, and friendly. It was nice to have friendly service after a few prior instances of waiters with attitudes. I had the prix fixe menu (which is normally not my style, but everything sounded amazing) with an octopus gratin (best. dish. ever), a fluffy potato cake stuffed with cheese served with shrimp and a lobster bisque type sauce, monkfish with truffles, and a strawberry parfait. I believe I paid around 80 USD and it was as good as any of the best meals I have had in the USA, well worth the price and very reasonable for the excellent quality. A lot of thought was put into the presentation of the food. Flavors were divine. If you are looking for a great meal without overpaying, this is the place to go. We actually decided not to go to Nautika after this because after reading the reviews we knew we would probably be disappointed for the value after having this amazing meal at Restaurant Dubrovnik. A must visit!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Elegant, good service, gorgeous host, what not to like. I peeked at the other reviews, and truth be told I ate there when the restaurant was less than half full. So service was what it needed to be. I think it's Top 10 rating is genuine.