“Went on advice of Tripadvisor...not disappointed!!”
Review of D'Vino Wine Bar

D'Vino Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 23 Nightlife in Dubrovnik
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Went on advice of Tripadvisor...not disappointed!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We visited Dubrovnik for ten days in August 2013. The bar itself was a little tricky to find, located up a small side alley just off the main street (Stradum). The' off the main street' location added to the experience in my opinion and had a quaint feel to it. Of our two visits, we found the prices to be a little on the steep side, but the wine was far superior to that being served in most other locations in Dubrovnik. The 'wine flight' offer gives you the chance to sample three 50mL glasses of local Croatian wine for 50kn (about £6). The wines offered are of good quality and served with information about the different grapes and where they are grown. The wine is complemented perfectly by the cheese and meat platter. Probably best go early (around 6pm or earlier) because space is limited. We have since tried to locate Croatian wines (Dingac and Plavac Mali) in the UK, only to find that it is not widely available! Shame, we really enjoyed it.

Visited August 2013

Alta Loma, California
221 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Best wine bar, hands down!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place is great! Shasha the owner and Anita make you feel so welcomed! Everyone who comes to this wonderful place, Dubrovnik, must come to visit the d'vino wine bar! We spent many a nite closing this place down.

Visited September 2012
Birmingham, England
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good place to finish the day”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I visited the wine bar with my wife after a visit to the old town in the searing heat. We went as we'd seen the place on Tripadvisor. The wine bar is very small but it gives a personal feel. All wines are Croation and the bartender took us through the menu. I tried a couple of glasses of white (for a change as I usually drink red) and had a selection of cheeses and bread with them. One wine was very nice & one not to my taste but the 90 minutes we spent in there flew by. I'd certainly recommend a visit.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank hoppy
Dusseldorf, Germany
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nothing to "wine" about here!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After good reviews here on tripadvisor and Rick Steves, we decided to try this wine bar on a beautiful Friday evening. The infamous owner was not there but we were entertained by two charming young gentlemen. We decided to sit inside just for a little more peace and quiet and a break from the heat. We even ran into our tour guide from our kayak tour earlier that day!

We got the 50 kuna wine flights. I chose the red and my friend chose the white. We just wanted a simple introduction to Croatian wines and this was great. Honestly, I am not the biggest fan of Croatian wines but I was glad to have a decent sampling of it while I was at this wine bar. This place is great if you're wanting to avoid a loud bar scene and a ton of tourists.

Visited July 2013
Winnipeg, MB
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Found our favorites”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a great idea! The first night in Dubrovnik we visited the bar and found wines that we drank for the duration of our 19 day vacation. We also enjoyed the cheese and meat platters along with the explanations of exactly what we were eating and drinking. Our 3rd visit was during a busy cruise day and the samples weren't available to the new guests we brought so they tried our wine suggestions and were pleased.

Visited July 2013