Anna Guesthouse
$234
$208
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townair conditionercomfortable beda great staymicrowavehostbusterrace
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good host who picked me up from the main bus station near the modern harbour in Dubrovnik and actually dropped me off to the airport at the end of my trip. A good source of advice and tips about where to eat, shopping etc.
Location not bad - near a pedestrianised street/walkway full of restaurants, hotels and shops and which leads to the coast. Also a few minutes walk is the bus stop on a main road from which to catch the bus in to the Old Town.
I had an en-suite room in his house which was basic but can't complain really considering what I paid. Although the shower was not a power shower. Stjepo and I think others in the house smoked and I can't stand cigarette smoke!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Wanderlust7861
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely recommend Stjepo's apartments in Lapad .Clean rooms functional kitchen nice balcony at around 50 euros a night .Bus stop to Old Town is at the end of the street and reasonably priced restaurants , bars and a supermarket close by .Stjepo picked us up from the bus station , dropped us off one day at the harbor and at the airport , all for about 25 euros .
Stjepo can at times be very chatty but in saying that his advice was very helpful .The Guest house is on a hill but if your mobility is ok staying here would be fine .Great value.

5  Thank snezic
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Great place all around. The owner really went out of his way to make our stay successful. He picked us up and dropped us off at the bus station without us having to ask. They even did our laundry for free overnight! Would definitely recommend.

6  Thank Mike_E_M44
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Stjepo is the best host! I arrived bit late in Dubrovnik and he offered to fetch me from the bus station and even sent me when I leave to Split.
He shared all info once I arrived. When is the best time to visit Old Town without the crowd, where to buy food and everything :).
My room was clean and comfortable. They have a nice garden as well.

7  Thank Juenaida A
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights in June. The owner Stjepo gave me instructions on how to catch the bus from the airport & collected me from the bus station in Gruz. On the way he showed me where the bus stops & shops were and where was good to eat. On arrival, he gave me a map with the beaches marked, suggested day trips and their prices & some tips on when to avoid the Old Town (ie. when you can see cruise ships from the terrace!) The info he gave me was spot on and really useful!

I stayed in a plain, but well equipped studio apartment with a small kitchen and a lovely terrace. There are an abundance of shops and places to eat nearby, along with a really nice beach and plenty of bars. Any communication is done by text message, eg - there was a problem with the wifi, but I was quickly sent the fix.

It was a breeze to get to the Old Town on the number 6 bus & really good to stay outside of all the hubub in a nice quiet neighbourhood.

I have no hesitation in recommending Anna Guesthouse :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo