“Owner went above and beyond”
Review of Anna Guesthouse

Anna Guesthouse
Ranked #34 of 184 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Great place all around. The owner really went out of his way to make our stay successful. He picked us up and dropped us off at the bus station without us having to ask. They even did our laundry for free overnight! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Mike_E_M44

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Stjepo is the best host! I arrived bit late in Dubrovnik and he offered to fetch me from the bus station and even sent me when I leave to Split.
He shared all info once I arrived. When is the best time to visit Old Town without the crowd, where to buy food and everything :).
My room was clean and comfortable. They have a nice garden as well.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank Juenaida A
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights in June. The owner Stjepo gave me instructions on how to catch the bus from the airport & collected me from the bus station in Gruz. On the way he showed me where the bus stops & shops were and where was good to eat. On arrival, he gave me a map with the beaches marked, suggested day trips and their prices & some tips on when to avoid the Old Town (ie. when you can see cruise ships from the terrace!) The info he gave me was spot on and really useful!

I stayed in a plain, but well equipped studio apartment with a small kitchen and a lovely terrace. There are an abundance of shops and places to eat nearby, along with a really nice beach and plenty of bars. Any communication is done by text message, eg - there was a problem with the wifi, but I was quickly sent the fix.

It was a breeze to get to the Old Town on the number 6 bus & really good to stay outside of all the hubub in a nice quiet neighbourhood.

I have no hesitation in recommending Anna Guesthouse :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank nduk
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The accommodation is basic, but it is perfect for a short trip to Dubrovnik. Rooms are nice and include a mini fridge and a cooktop. The hotel is up the hill, so it takes some work to get there, but as a reward you can have a nice view from Lapad. Stjepo is a great host, he picked us up at the main bus station and left us there when we left for the airport. Further, he provided nice tips about Dubrovnik and the region.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Fernando84
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Room and bathroom are small and basic but have everything you need. Clean, quiet, outside sitting area with table and chairs, market nearby, a/c. Owner picked us up at the bus station which was nice. It would probably be hard to find the place on your own. Owner was very helpful with getting us bus schedules and directing us to the bus stop. Easy walk to Lapid promenade. Uphill walk back to room. Easy bus ride to old town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank dialqueen
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The facilities are basic but all you need is here and all works well. It's about 30 mins walk to the Old Town with some lovely panoramic sea views. There are nice walks in other directions too and plenty of eating places around. However you will pay more in the local Lapad hotel restaurants than in town. There are many good eating places in the Old Town - Mea Culpa is great for pizza - they are enormous - share one with a salad. The fish place on the harbour (Locanda Pescaria) does the best squid and giant prawns - have the squid fried. Stjepano is wonderfully helpful - makes you really welcome whilst giving you the history and a real feel for the place. Take the bus to Cavlat - up the coast and get the ferry back - lovely and less expensive than a 'trip'. Take a walk around the headland of Babin Kuk and if warm - have a swim ! Then get the bus back. If you have mobility problems it's on a steep hill which can be slippery when wet

Room Tip: Balcony rooms have a better view but ground floor has a delightful terrace with grapes overhead to p...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank roblindag
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The owner of this B&B was extremely helpful. When I got off my flight I had an email from him explaining how to get the bus AND he picked me up at the bus station! He also explained how and what events are available. I also wanted go to the island of Mljet and he arranged a room for us there. Very nice. The hotel is a bus ride away fom the old city..very easy to get to. The room had a kitchenette and was very clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends