“Nice relaxing place to stay - good view, a little stark”
Review of Villa Katarina

Villa Katarina
Ranked #238 of 516 Specialty Lodging in Dubrovnik
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nicely appointed apartment conveniently located near the water and the local restaurants etc. on the waterfront in Lapad (about 10 minute taxi ride or 30 minute bus ride to old town, Dubrovnik). We were on the second floor so we had a great view from our balcony of the water. The apartment was comfortable, but very stark - all white and black so it didn't look homey, but it was very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie W

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here for one week and though I couldn't fault the apartment the landlord was very grumpy and rude. We asked for an extra sheet for the fold out bed and needed a blanket later in the week. He got quite angry and told us we were bothering him for something different everyday. We met him on those two occasions with reasonable requests I think. I feel people in this industry should have a better approach with people and based on the manner of the landlord would neither stay here again or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank fruitsalad101
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We just came home with the family of two (2) teenagers from one (1) week stay in Dudrovnik, Villa Katarina.
We booked our apartment 6,5 months prior to the visit. Unfortunately, the apartment was a TERRIBLE dissapointment compared to the web pages. The ground floor apartment has hardly any view to Lapab bay. The room is directly in front of the small pool. The bedroom has no normal view; you can only see a wall.
The rooms that are upper should have another rating than the ground floor apartments. Unfortunately, A BIG mistake to stay in Villa Katarina.
Positive: rooms are clean and the small pool is well taken care of.

Room Tip: Avoid the two apartments in ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mielikki68
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The apartment I shared with my friends was excellent. It was very clean and had everything we needed. It had AC in both rooms and was right near the pool.
The apartment is on top of a hill and does require a fairly decent walk down stairs to the beach, but it is worth it.
The owners were accommodating to us and while it was a little pricey because of the last minute booking, I would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mistergq007
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The owners are incredibly helpful and friendly. Views from rooms are breathtaking. Easy access to the beach. And the rooms are clean and comfortable. Very happy family stay. The pool is not large, however.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for 3 days in one of the superior apartments, on first impressions I was very impressed, very clean and spacious apartment with a large balcony overlooking Lapad beach. I had previously read reviews on this apartment about the owner being a tyrant, my experiance of him was being a total gentleman and very helpful. The apartment is a fantasic self catering apartment with all the mod cons including ipod docks, satelite tv and very quick wifi which paticularly impressed my wife. It is nestled in a quiet location but is a 5 minute walk from the beach and bus stop to old town is pretty close too. All in all if i was going back to dubrovnik this is the place i would stay.

Room Tip: If you want to get to the beach quicker use the hotel koompas elevators across the road to get the b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HumanGiant
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Me and my family booked 6 rooms out. I was travelling with my husband and our two young child. Our childen are 2 and 3. We loved the apartments and were great us however after wheb we checked out and went back for our bags the ower become aggressive at me. Told me that I had destoryed his leather sofa bed. When I ask him to show me. He showed me the sofa with a few wee marks off the kids having sun cream. When I explained how to clean it of . He started to stay we destoryed it and must pay him 1200 euro for a replacement. I explain that it was the kids and this would just clean off. He would not accept this a told that I must pay. I say you can not stop to young child making a few marks and he shouldn't have let us stay knowing how young my child were. As everyone knows child make mark. Which can always be clean. He tried to make me paid . Which I didn't and just say you should have let children stay then.I WOULD ADVISE PEOPLE WITH SMALL CHILD NOT TO STAY HEAR. I FEEL HE WAS JUST TRYING TO CON US OUT OF MONEY. ALL BECAUSE WE LEFT THE CLEANING LADY A TIP .

• Stayed: May 2013