“Must be the best value in the old town”
Review of Nishta

Nishta
Ranked #39 of 396 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The first and only 100% vegetarian & vegan & gluten free restaurant in Dubrovnik. For everyone who love to eat.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Must be the best value in the old town”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stumbled on this charming little place, after walking up and down looking at various menu's in the old town, and boy are we glad we did.
There was only one table left inside and glad we got it, on a not so warm October evening.
We were given a daily menu with about 6 different choices on it with a glass of black currant wine at the fantastic price of 59 kuna ( about £6.50) and yes we got all 6 dishes!
Each dish tasted so delicious, so fresh, and we are not vegetarians but if we lived in Dubrovnik we would definitely make this our number one restaurant.
Great service from people who know how to serve food

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Best food in Dubrovnik!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We're not veggies and my boyfriend is usually hesitant about veggie options, but so pleased we tried his place. Dishes are inventive and really fresh and tasty. Staff are very friendly, and meals are great value. Also lovely atmosphere with welcoming and interesting decor.

Basel
“Good food, friendly staff”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had an early dinner at Nishta during our stay in Dubrovnik some days ago. Normally all the restaurants looked rather empty at this time of the year (end of October) but Nishta was very busy and people had to wait for a table. I really liked my main course (I had something called Indiastic), so did my husband (he ordered "Pastalicious") but the desert was really really really nice. I had figs cooked in sweet wine with mascarpone (it is called Smokve i Prosek on the menu). I would recommend this place not only to vegetarians (especially if you have been in Dubrovnik for some days and had all the shrimp risottos and plenty of fish already).

Visited October 2013
Louth, United Kingdom
“popped in for a drink, would have liked to go back for lunch”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm a dairy free veggie and popped into Nishta for a fresh juice and brownie topped with fruit ice cream. Delicious. Wish i'd been able to go back for lunch and try the cold soups. Just delighted that there is a veggie/vegan café in the city. Try it.

Derby
“The best food I had in Dubrovnik”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm vegetarian and my partner isn't so going to a veggie restaurant always feels like a bit of a responsibility in case he feels he's been short changed! I found the reviews of Nishta to be rather odd in that some people said it was great and others found the food to be tasteless. We arrived there at about 7pm and got the last table (it's quite a small place and the tables are quite close together). I ordered the Lentil Anise cakes and my partner went for the nachos. They were both lovely. I had the Indian platter for my main course and he went for the sushi. Again the dishes were tasty and well presented. Finally we shared the fig dessert and a fig liqueur. Fantastic.

We only stopped in Dubrovnik for three days but the food at Nishta was by far the best I had. As a committed carnivore, my partner really enjoyed the food but his favourite place was one that served lots of meat :-)

Nishta is a quirky, friendly and different place to eat. I would definitely recommend it!

Visited October 2013