“True Hospitality”

Marco Polo Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 416 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hidden gem in the hearth of Old Town Dubrovnik!Restaurant Marco Polo is hidden in the hearth of the Dubrovnik Old Town, in a traditional courtyard of street called Lučarica. Small family restaurant is placed in a private and calm ambient and it offers oasis of busy streets to taste fish, meat and vegetarian specialties of the house.Here is the place where you can taste both traditional recipes from our grandmothers like mussels and seashells in traditional red or white sauce called ‘’Buzzara’’, traditional Black risotto or some of our modern dishes like Tuna Steak Precious Blue in sesame crust.Sharing our food and culture with people all around the world is inspiration for us. We use ingredients like Adriatic tuna, octopus, homemade anchovies, Croatian cheese, Oysters from Ston, extra virgin olive oil from Island of Korčula and lot of herbs to present you taste of our cuisine and culture.Accompanied with excellent Croatian wine, beer and homemade liquors be sure you will experience our past and future on a plate.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had dinner at this restaurant a couple of yeas ago. Thinking that I had my plastic with me I ordered a glass of wine, an appetizer and a main course. The food was good but at the end of the meal I realized that I did not have enough cash on me to pay (putting all my currencies together).

The owner was very courteous - he sad I could mail him the short change of something like $15.00 when I get back to my country. Fortunately I was down the same area the next evening prior to leaving and I paid him back what I owed.

I have recommended the restaurant to all my friends and it's easy to locate, just around the corner of the Cathedral.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

One of the best meals I had in Dubrovnik. Atmosphere was really nice and romantic, and service was great. We had tuna steak and veal, both were amazing.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Found an eye in my squid and informed the waiter about it. He brushed it off saying that it is normal - didn't offer to replace the dish or compensate. Friend's Marco Polo salad was basically a crouton pile. Other friend's salad was basically a mozzarella pile. Waiter offered a cheese dish which appeared to be on the house since we were the only people in the restaurant, but when the bill came, we were charged exorbitant amounts for it. Overall very poor experience.

3  Thank Michelle N
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Dubrovnik! The owners are very nice and have always recognized me when I've returned, even if it's been a long time. The food is good, simple, classic Dalmatian (I often go for the grilled fish selections). It's away from the hustle of the main touristy food street (Prijeko), so it's quiet. I will return as long as they are there.

2  Thank Jedburgh392
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent pork and onions dish but wife's chicken meal was not so good. Highlight was the 3 seafood starter, which was pricey but delicious. Draft beer was excellent. Restaurant is located in a quiet back ally just behind the big church.

1  Thank Chris W