“Nice people” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kusalo Guesthouse

Kusalo Guesthouse
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Kusalo Guesthouse
Ranked #123 of 174 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
“Nice people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Really nice people, offered us drinks when we arrived. They have provided us with hot water each morning for our coffee.

The guesthouse is not expensive, reasonably close to the old town and bus station. Tomy, post office and another supermarket are nearby.
Thanks!! :)

• Korean first
  • Serbian first
Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I must say that my review is not regarding the rooms as I never got to stay there, although I made a reservation 2 weeks before my arrival.
The treatment we got was so outrageously unprofessional and even unkind, I just have to share this with anyone who is planning to stay in this guesthouse.

2 weeks before our arrival, I made a reservation by e-mail and asked for a double room. Also I asked if there is a shuttle service from the airport. I was given the information, and wrote back that I want the room but no need to send a car as I will arrive with a bus. At this point I asked, do they need any more details to make my reservation final. I recieved a reply: "You have your reservation sure."

When we arrived, it was very hot so we took a taxi from the bus station to the guesthouse. I came up, and the lady who received us asked my name and than said - wait, didn't you ask for a car to pick you up? I said that I wrote that we won't need a car eventually. Than she made a call and told me that she doesn't have a room for us.

At that point we tried to understand how can it be that we made a reservation, and in fact she knew my name and that I was asking about a shuttle, and although my reservation was confirmed by mail, I had no room to sleep in! We got no explanation and were sent with all our (heavy) luggage, on a very hot day, to look for a room in a foreign country.
We didn't even get an appology or any attempt to show us that they made a big mistake which put us in a very unpleasant situation.

So maybe they have nice rooms and maybe they are nice to people who do stay there, I wouldn't know. Anyway, be careful if you're making a reservation by e-mail, I guess it doesn't mean much to them!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julia V

Travelers are raving about these Dubrovnik hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

My friends and I stayed here in the apartment before heading on a 7 day sail. It was perfectly comfortable, the owners greeted us warmly with fresh cold water (it was a hot day we must have looked exhausted!). The were nice enough to walk us to a local restaurant for dinner, and in the morning we were given some delicious croatian coffee and a gift of chocolate.To get here we caught the shuttle bus from the airport to the bus station near the harbour and then about a 10 minute walk. It is also a short walk to the harbour and about 20 minutes to old town. Comfortable beds and airconditioned. Close to supermarket, and a nice quiet location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

this guest house was in a good location close to the bus station and a short walk 20 mins or so into old town. The apartment was great. Beds were very comfortable, also had a beautiful balcony. Guest house was airconditioned and we also had kitchen facilities. The staff / owner were lovely and hospitable even walking us into town to a local restaurant. We were offered great croatian coffee in the morning and water on arrival. Would definately recommend as a nice, quiet and value for money accommodation in Dubrovnik

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

It was a bit tricky to find, but it's only a short bus ride from the bus station and a 20-minute walk to the Old Town. We were welcomed by the friendliest woman in Croatia, who showed us into our cosy, comfortable and quiet room away from the bustle of the main roads. Ensuite bathroom was a little cramped but the place was really cheap and friendly so we didn't mind at all!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dannyandjess
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

Lovely helpful staff, although their english is not strong they were very lovely and pleasant. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Bus station right out front and only a few minutes to the old town, or a nice 10-15 minute walk. Right by the port and supermarkets.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends