“Average”

Ranked #112 of 406 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice location, reasonable prices for Dubrovnik standards, food (crab risotto and fried calamari) just average, service sterile. All in all, disappointing especially considering reputation restorant has.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

If you are looking for a good value for money and no-fuss quality local fish place - you found it! It is so good, we went there twice during our four night stay. Had the same food both times, as we loved the fried calamari, small fried fish (whitebait) and black ink squid risotto. Amazing!!!
Staff were also nice, everyone spoke a fantastic level of English, what I certainly did not expect in Croatia.
Go and eat there!

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is on a charming square and seemed to be frequented by locals and tourists equally. My husband and I had mussel spaghetti, scampi bozzarro and fried little fish to share. All of the sea food was very fresh and tasty the sauce for the scampi was delicious. We also had a dessert of creme caramel which was lovely. We were served by an older lady who reminded me if a school dinner lady, she was very brusk but I found this added to the charm of the place.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lovely spot for open air eating. It was certainly busy and the staff were friendly and attentive. Price was good as well. Just dissappointed by my squid ink rissotto. It wasn't cooked to order and took 'al dente' a bit too far. It was a bit dry and I think been kept 'warm' for too long so it had dried out. So dissappointing as this place had been recommended. Just unlucky on the night maybe. Otherwise a nice place with friendly staff.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have heard good things about this place so thought we'd try it. My friend ordered the mussels rissotto, I had the spaghetti with mussels. Unfortunately our high expectations were not met. The spaghetti was almost ok but the risotto was so unpalatable that my friend stopped eating after 5 mins. I, on the other hand, was able to eat 5 minutes more but also had to stop. We had no plans of complaining. You know how it is when you eat in unfamilliar territory. It's a hit or miss. So we just chalked this up to a "miss". We just quietly asked our server for the bill. Of course she will notice our not even half-eaten dishes. she asked curtly "problem?". I said, "No. We just want the bill please". We pay the bill intending to leave the change as tip but was expecting the server to give us that prerogative especially since she already felt we were unsatisfied with our dinner She didn't return our change nor our receipt. Since we didn't leave right away, she asked in a rude tone if we wanted that measly change as if it was her right to decide whether she should keep it or not. I answered that I just wanted the receipt and she returns with my crumpled receipt. It wasn't a big tip but I think her rudeness would've have been justified if she saw that we had enjoyed the food and service and did not compensate her for it. I guess arrogance comes when people begin to believe that the food they serve will always satisfy everyone. She should know you can't win them all and that it should be a lesson for improvement. I had seafood at another restaurant for lunch and it was pretty good so I don't think it's the cuisine. It's the restaurant (buffet kamenice) that is the problem. Oh well. You win some you lose some. And they have surely lost me as a customer.

1  Thank dissolvedgirl