“Nice location. Not that impressed by the food”
Review of Kamenice

Kamenice
Ranked #104 of 407 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lovely spot for open air eating. It was certainly busy and the staff were friendly and attentive. Price was good as well. Just dissappointed by my squid ink rissotto. It wasn't cooked to order and took 'al dente' a bit too far. It was a bit dry and I think been kept 'warm' for too long so it had dried out. So dissappointing as this place had been recommended. Just unlucky on the night maybe. Otherwise a nice place with friendly staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have heard good things about this place so thought we'd try it. My friend ordered the mussels rissotto, I had the spaghetti with mussels. Unfortunately our high expectations were not met. The spaghetti was almost ok but the risotto was so unpalatable that my friend stopped eating after 5 mins. I, on the other hand, was able to eat 5 minutes more but also had to stop. We had no plans of complaining. You know how it is when you eat in unfamilliar territory. It's a hit or miss. So we just chalked this up to a "miss". We just quietly asked our server for the bill. Of course she will notice our not even half-eaten dishes. she asked curtly "problem?". I said, "No. We just want the bill please". We pay the bill intending to leave the change as tip but was expecting the server to give us that prerogative especially since she already felt we were unsatisfied with our dinner She didn't return our change nor our receipt. Since we didn't leave right away, she asked in a rude tone if we wanted that measly change as if it was her right to decide whether she should keep it or not. I answered that I just wanted the receipt and she returns with my crumpled receipt. It wasn't a big tip but I think her rudeness would've have been justified if she saw that we had enjoyed the food and service and did not compensate her for it. I guess arrogance comes when people begin to believe that the food they serve will always satisfy everyone. She should know you can't win them all and that it should be a lesson for improvement. I had seafood at another restaurant for lunch and it was pretty good so I don't think it's the cuisine. It's the restaurant (buffet kamenice) that is the problem. Oh well. You win some you lose some. And they have surely lost me as a customer.

1  Thank dissolvedgirl
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Kamenice is the place where you should go for a fresh sea food, reasonable priced in the Old Town Dubrovnik. This is not going to be spectacular meal, but if you check the size of the kitchen, you will know that all food is fresh - they simply don't have big fridges or the freezers. Place is working for a long time, maintaining the standards all the time. Nothing fancy, more like fresh sea food "fast food" kind of place, but they are not trying to make impression that the place is something more than that. During summer, almost impossible to avoid waiting lines. Definitely a place that I recommend to my guests.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This has wonderful seafood - my wife and I had mussels last night plus octopus salad and they were so good we are going back there again tonight to try their calamari and maybe something else. This place is on the market square and is large so you don't feel hemmed in by walkers. Dubrovnik has millions of cafes and restaurants (and an equal number of tourists walking around) and they are all outdoors so finding a place that has good food and doesn't feel surrounded by the hordes is tricky. Kameneci is one of those places. GAUTAM & JEAN SHAH, CO/MA,USA

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The host of our sobe had recommended Kamenice, so we decided to go and check it out. There was a waiting line (they do not take reservations), which no other restaurant in the square had. We figured that was a good sign, so we waited also. We soon found out the reason for the line. The food was excellent! So good, that we ate there the next two nights also. We had fried calamari, octopus salad, little fried fishes and mussels. I would recommend all of them. Really worth the wait!