“Wow what an incredible experience! So perfect!”

Villa Ruza Old City Bistro
Ranked #36 of 406 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Don't Imagine! Taste It... Feel It... Experience It...
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I booked lunch here as a surprise for my husband's birthday and it absolutely exceeded my expectations. The restaurant went out of their way to organise everything for us via email (speed boat direct from our hotel with a staff member waiting for us at their pier, and gorgeous table by the water) and it all ran perfectly.

The setting is so incredible and you truly feel as if you're in paradise. Great menu choices while still feeling relaxed. Everything is fresh and local too (e.g. they make their own olive oil from trees in the garden surrounding the tables). Our waiter was fantastic and made excellent recommendations... I'm still thinking about the tempura prawns (something I wouldn't have normally ordered however they were their specialty and SO delicious).

Really can't recommend Villa Ruza enough for an unforgettable and very special experience.

9  Thank Travelling_Ks2014

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food was fantastic accompanied by one of the best views you could ask for. One of the best cuts of beef I had eaten in a long time. Also had a catch of the day selection which looked delicious. People staying at the hotel also receive 20% discount, bonus!

5  Thank Toddenham
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We took the ferry out to Kolcep for our pre-booked reservation. We had time to swim and fun stroll to the restaurant. We were met at the pier by someone that said our table was ready and go there whenever we wanted. When we arrived it was like they knew us, the chef came out and said hello the waiter asked where would like to sit, the bar tender gave us a wine. Wow what next. I ordered the shrimp dinner and my wife liked the paste dishes. The shrimps were the best I have ever had and my wife loved the pasta. This meal will never be forgotten. Can't wait to go back again for a fresh fish dinner next time.

5  Thank indian_motorcycle
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Wonderful service, delicious locally sourced/caught food, top-notch wine (and local liquor courtesy of the manager's mother!) all set al fresco overlooking the ocean and the most beautiful sunset views.This was the icing on our honeymoon cake! Highly recommend Villa Ruza for quality and value for money. We will be back!

6  Thank MyeeeSharona
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Lovely food excellent service and wonderful sunsets out in the bay.
Definitely worth a visit, can recommend the Lamb under the dome, give 2 hours notice for it.

6  Thank Coco101healdgreen