Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Aoibheann...
San Jose, California
“Terrible”
Reviewed November 4, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I was really excited to stay here after looking at the pictures and the close proximity to the beach and restaurants. I had booked a different property initially, but the owner rented that one out so asked me to move to Apartment Elisa and I agreed.

The caretaker who greeted me was punctual and friendly, but did not show me where the safe was, how to operate the gas stove or how to use the heating system, even though it was mid-October and had cooled down considerably. He was wearing his jacket inside the apartment, because it was colder inside than outside for some reason. But he told me don't worry about heating, you won't need it- you have air conditioning. Every day and especially night the apartment was freezing. I'm from Canada so when I say it's cold I know what I'm talking about. I don't believe the walls are insulated and we had some rainy, windy nights. The bedding is very thin and insufficient for those types of temperatures. I called the caretaker on two different occasions and asked him how to turn on the heating and he told me the heating system didn't work. I got so fed up with being uncomfortable that I left and checked into a hotel after day 4, even though I booked 7 nights at Apartment Elisa. When officially checking out the next day, the caretaker tried to show me the air conditioning unit could be used as a heater, but it didn't work even when he tried, and of course I had tried, even turning it up to 32 but the only setting available was A/C, not heat.

The apartment also could have been cleaner. One toilet was very dirty and obviously hadn't been cleaned so I didn't use it. The other one I cleaned myself, along with the bathtub because they had not been properly cleaned before my arrival. The furniture was dusty and the sofa had a big stain on it. The dishes and glasses in the cupboard and the cutlery had not been cleaned so of course I also had to wash any dishes, glasses or cutlery before using it.

The location is decent, a short walk to the bus that takes you to the old town, and close to the beach and the promenade.

Also, the caretaker did help me with my luggage when checking out and even arranged a ride to the airport for me. He's a lovely man, but I wish he could have helped with the heating before I was forced to leave. Although I spent three nights at a hotel, I officially checked out two days before the end of my reservation at Apartment Elisa. I took all my things out and gave back the keys, yet the owner refused to refund me the two nights.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?

Travelers are raving about these Dubrovnik hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing