Bokun Guesthouse
$226
$206
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest housefruit treesgreen doortransfer bushome grown fruitfresh bread and croissantsincluding fresh fruitbustling towna nice cold beerset us up for the dayold cityquiet surroundingshome from homelovely accommodationhomemade winegruz harbourboiled eggs
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Rather late in posting my review, but we stayed in this guesthouse last summer and had a really lovely time. It was our favorite of all the places we stayed in Croatia. The owner is great and it's close to the marina, yet set back in a quiet setting. It's a bit of a hike from the Old Town but the buses were frequent (and it's a nice walk if you're up for it). The neighborhood felt very "lived in" as well, which we liked. We walked down to the outdoor market every morning to get fruit, as well as expresso and pastries at a nearby cafe and bakery. Much cheaper than trying to find breakfast in the old town for sure! We only stayed two nights and wished we had stayed a bit longer to do daytrips from Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BJL79
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Without my stay at Bokun Guesthouse, my 1st trip in Croatia would have been ordinary. Great familly feel, amazing quiet garden hidden in the middle of busy Dubrovnik streets. And the price is really good. I really appreciated to chat with Toni about his country. He gave me precious tips about places I wanted to visit in Dubrovnik. I will totally recommend it to my friends! Txs a bunch Bokun familly!
Mireille

Room Tip: I had double bed room (single in a room for 2), was very quiet and clean!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MiGagnon
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in July 2011. The B&B is located some 30mins by foot from the old town and 5mins from the bus station. The place is hidden in a quiet courtyard just some 100meters from the marina.

The place is family-run, and the younger family members speak good English. We can recommend to stay here, if you do not want to stay in the middle of the old town (and to be honest, who would, since the masses of tourists are overwhelming down there).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jouluhauki
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I loved my stay. Toni could not be more friendly or helpful if he tried - everything from coffee, juice or booking trips. The guesthouse has a lovely, family feel and is a short stumble down to the marina. Largely set away from the tourist areas it is a haven of peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Best for anyone wishing a peaceful time rather than being centre of the action
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LondonHev
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I book it through booking.com. he did not seem to remember me when we emailed till few days before my arrival. Demanded to see my booking document. Not a single smile. Need to tow my luggage up stairs(for a girl )
10 min from bus station, 30 min from old town by foot. without breakfast and shared bathroom, rather try rooms (zimmer)
Never speak a word about his organic garden. Not a bit of hospitality but a lot of hostility. Have never experience this with my years as a solo traveller.absolutely over-priced·

• Stayed: May 2012