“BOWA”
Review of BOWA Dubrovnik

BOWA Dubrovnik
Ranked #3 of 424 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Description: Best Of What's Around!
Description: Best Of What's Around!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

BOWA was truly an amazing experience. The view and natural enviroment sourrounding you while eating is breathtaking. The staff were all extremely kind and helpful. The food was simple in the best way, highlighting the local fresh flavors. The price reflected the quality well. We payed about the same for the whole experience at BOWA as a subpar meal in the old town of Dubrovnik. It was worth it! The experience reflects what you want from a vacation on the Croatian coast! Highlight of my trip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As with a number of the reviews for BOWA, maybe we had our expectations raised to high from the marketing on the website. This review is written from the position of a normal diner, not somebody eating in a cabana, which looked superb.

The concept is great and I hope that, over time, this does develop into a premium experience, but at the moment it is an above average dining experience in the region.

A few issues... the landing area has boards missing etc, so as soon as you step off your boat it sends the wrong message. If you are normal dining, and not in one of the superb cabanas, and you enquire about the tasting menu you are told you can’t order off it, two negatives to start off. The daily menu is very limited, as with all restaurants in Sipan. The flatbread starter is however superb .... the rest of the meal was standard restaurant fare, nice food, nice wine, good service.

All in all I hope that, for a normal diner, they do take the messages into account and do make this place special, for as I said the concept is very much needed on the island. I would go again.

PS it’s not cheap, G&Ts £15 a go, but it does take cards

PPS if you are booking a Cabana then it did look superb, the food being carried to the tables looked awesome .... and again, for me, affected how I felt as a normal diner.

2  Thank StevelCumbriaUK
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I caught the boat over to Bowa for lunch. The small cove where the restaurant is situated is stunning. The food was delicious and wine excellent. We had the freshly caught grilled whole fish. Gin and tonic with rosemary also a must. We had a swim in the crystal clear water afterwards... A perfect way to finish a perfect lunch. A must visit when in Dubrovnik.

2  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at this fabulous restaurant last week. I had Spaghetti with seafood and my husband had fish. Both delicious!
Before our main meal we were served home made bread with pesto dip and a sundried tomato dip both yum! We actually purchased a jar of sundried tomato dip to take back to Australia with us it was so good. Lovely atmosphere and service.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Booked here for a late lunch & arrived by water taxi.
Stunning location. Fantastic service. People watching was top notch. Superb food & great wine. Not as expensive as expected.
Would definitely recommend.