“Great dinner”

Ranked #77 of 534 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the West Coast promenade, nearby the ACI marina, Steak & Fish Lounge F-de mar is the new top spot in Split for all those looking for some delicious meals! Alongside stunning view of Riva, in the pleasant atmosphere of our top notch designed F&B bar, you will be greeted by splendid gourmet rhapsody and best wines from all over Croatia.
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

We were there for dinner and it was just amazing. Food was delicious and all staff, our waiter especially, were spectacular. In combination with nice view to harbour it’s, in my opinion, unforgettable food experience. We will come back for sure!
*I told them in the afternoon, when I was booking the table for dinner, that we are celebrating anniversary and I’d like to give my girlfriend rose. Staff managed all and in the evening was everything prepared for our celebratation!
Thanks for that!

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (248)

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We had dinner here and went back the next day for lunch. I guess I could stop there and just say go.

For dinner we shared a nice bottle of Croatian wine recommended by the waiter. I has the ribeye and my wife had the sea bass. Both were good but maybe the sea bass was better. I am pretty picky on steak and would ordinarily have a fillet. But flavors were good and sides were very good.

Service was very good.

For lunch we shared the carved ham appetizer and the wife had f mar summer salad and I had the smoked seafood pasta. Everything was very good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Classic tourist trap by the harbour. Good environment and location but that's it. The dishes were small and expensive. The waiter however was nice and friendly. Would not go here again or recommend anyone, maybe for a drink.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Scubascat
Reviewed July 7, 2018

We ate here hours after arriving in Split, on the well-deserved recommendation of our VRBO host. The stunning walk along the waterfront did not hurt our appetites! I had a steak, which was good but not up to my American expectations (not the fault of the restaurant at all). The place is seafood forward, but I don't eat that. My husband had the cuttlefish risotto, a Split specialty. He said it was delicious, but, as others have said, the portions were huge. Husband didn't want to finish, but the waiter kept coming over and good-naturedly teasing him about not finishing, so he kept eating (probably not the best idea, as it was very rich and we were pretty screwed up after flying all day!). My daughter had a homemade pasta dish with truffle oil, mushrooms and shrimp (the cutest, tiniest shrimp ever). She said it was amazing! Afterwards we went over to the bar, which was very cool and comfy with it's big white couches. Discovered that in Croatia, they don't usually list cocktails, but rather the brands of alcohol, so when we asked for cocktails they had no idea what we wanted. When we asked for a vodka with cranberry juice they said they could bring them separately but not mixed -- and then brought raspberry juice. It was fine, but we were unused to it at that point (after a dreamy week in Croatia we were completely used to it!). While not my favorite meal of our stay (again primarily because I couldn't eat their specialty), I would recommend the restaurant!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Donni T
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff... joung, entusiastic & passionate chefs. Portions are huge. excellent food + location + prices best value for money. We will sure comeback again.

Date of visit: June 2018