“Tourist trap ”

Ranked #77 of 534 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Croatian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the West Coast promenade, nearby the ACI marina, Steak & Fish Lounge F-de mar is the new top spot in Split for all those looking for some delicious meals! Alongside stunning view of Riva, in the pleasant atmosphere of our top notch designed F&B bar, you will be greeted by splendid gourmet rhapsody and best wines from all over Croatia.
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Classic tourist trap by the harbour. Good environment and location but that's it. The dishes were small and expensive. The waiter however was nice and friendly. Would not go here again or recommend anyone, maybe for a drink.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Scubascat
Write a reviewReviews (248)

Reviewed July 7, 2018

We ate here hours after arriving in Split, on the well-deserved recommendation of our VRBO host. The stunning walk along the waterfront did not hurt our appetites! I had a steak, which was good but not up to my American expectations (not the fault of the restaurant at all). The place is seafood forward, but I don't eat that. My husband had the cuttlefish risotto, a Split specialty. He said it was delicious, but, as others have said, the portions were huge. Husband didn't want to finish, but the waiter kept coming over and good-naturedly teasing him about not finishing, so he kept eating (probably not the best idea, as it was very rich and we were pretty screwed up after flying all day!). My daughter had a homemade pasta dish with truffle oil, mushrooms and shrimp (the cutest, tiniest shrimp ever). She said it was amazing! Afterwards we went over to the bar, which was very cool and comfy with it's big white couches. Discovered that in Croatia, they don't usually list cocktails, but rather the brands of alcohol, so when we asked for cocktails they had no idea what we wanted. When we asked for a vodka with cranberry juice they said they could bring them separately but not mixed -- and then brought raspberry juice. It was fine, but we were unused to it at that point (after a dreamy week in Croatia we were completely used to it!). While not my favorite meal of our stay (again primarily because I couldn't eat their specialty), I would recommend the restaurant!

1  Thank Donni T
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff... joung, entusiastic & passionate chefs. Portions are huge. excellent food + location + prices best value for money. We will sure comeback again.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We shared dishes like tapas and the food was good but some portions a bit mean. Would not serve tap water so ordered a bottle. Staff and atmosphere a bit pretentious, wouldn't go again as far better choices to be had elsewhere.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been in Split for almost a week and we both rate this as one of the two best we've been to, if not the very best. Ivan welcomed us and was a most convivial, while at the same time attentive, waiter. My husband ordered linguine with smoked seafood and I ordered local sea bass atop fresh vegetables and a zucchini puree-- all cooked perfectly and brought soon after we placed our orders. The restaurant is right next to .the Riva, a bit west of town--quiet spot with lots of boating activity to enjoy. Highly recommend!!