“Great hotel and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Diana

Hotel Villa Diana
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Split
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived very early and were still greeted with a smile and helpful hand. Thank you Gordana for arranging our rooms early and our delightful breakfast that was much appreciated. The hotel restaurant was our choice for dinner which was very nice. Our room was the front top room overlooking the main street and was sound proofed from any noise that was outside. We were welcomed as though we had been regular customers here... love it!

Room Tip: Top front suite was large with lounge chairs and big bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank margie_vincent56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We would like to thank Gorana for her hospitality when we stayed at this hotel on 21 May, 2013. She even remembered my emails regarding a parking space I had sent to the hotel. We really appreciated the wonderful breakfast on the day we arrived, letting us have our rooms early, your assistance in arranging a transfer to the airport at 5.00 a.m. the following day and the help we received taking our bags up and down the stairs. It was lovely to spend a night in such an historic, quaint and clean hotel.

Room Tip: We had the room adjacent to reception which was great and there was a fresh water fountain just outs...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Astoria oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful May morning after a very good. night sleep down the stairs on the terrace in a beautiful garden area we had a
Home cooked breakfast of omelette ham and cheese. Mostly locals seem to eat here as it is in buisness section of town. Whats that tell is? Excellent value and they take credit cards!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Journeyman644
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spent 4 nights in this lovely hotel. Rooms were very clean and nice. The hotel location is perfect, short walking distance to the Riva, the marketplace, diokletians palace and also to the beach. The breakfast served downstairs in the restaurant was nice and fresh. Hotel staff was great! I have never met so friendly and helpful staff, we really enjoyed our stay here! I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AStonelake
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Small cosy family owned hotel in an old restored building with only 5-6 rooms. Clean and nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff speaking good english. 10 minutes walking distance to the Riva and Diokletians Palace, as well as bus/train station and ferries to the islands. Good breakfast available in the small restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was having a very bad day when I found Hotel Villa Diana, in fact it was something of a crisis! The fact I was given a friendly greeting by Matthew, who spoke perfect English and provided me with a comfortable, well furnished room rescued me from what could have become a nightmare...

Split airport had been closed by unprecedented snowfall, the like of which Dalmatia only sees once a decade. A free bus laid on by Croatia Airlines dumped me in the middle of Split, a city I've never been to before and with nowhere to stay I was glad to find Hotel Villa Diana but nervous of walking into a hotel I hadn't researched in advance. I needn't have worried!

Instead of taking advantage of the fact I hadn't precooked, Matthew gave me a very reasonable room rate, lent an electric heater to boost the warmth and directed me to the utterly fantastic pizza place just over the street which truly lived up to his description of "best pizza place in Croatia". For the next three days I was holed up there, as nothing moved out of Split by rail or air. Despite the difficulties the hotel made sure their guests were provided for and laid on a marvellous breakfast each day. I even had my pick of Matthew's DVD collection to watch on the DVD player and large plasma screen in my room. Meanwhile work just had to accept that i wouldn't be back for a whie. Getting stranded in a foreign city has never been such fun!

On leaving the hotel, Matthew wouldn't even accept a tip. Really first class service and the kind of honest and reliable service which is rare in the hotel industry, but always remembered and appreciate by guests. I hope one day in the future I will return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Although Split wasn't the place we most like in our trip, the Hotel Villa Diana was definitely a nice choice, where we could relax.
The hotel has big room with nice amenities and a great bath.
Location is close to the old town and to the ferries (it is possible to reach them by foot).
However, it has a tight parking area and the stairs inside the hotel may be a problem if you have big and numerous luggages.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple