Hotel Villa Diana
Agoda.com
$127
$95
  • Breakfast included
B&B Kastel 1700(Split)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotwire.com
$208
$202
  • Breakfast included
Split Apartments - Peric Hotel(Split)(Great Value!)
$77
Travelocity
Palace Suites Heritage Hotel(Split)(Great Value!)
$109
$84
$166
$134
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstype cafea lovely family run hotelold townquad roombusy roadhotel location is perfectyogurtparking spaceincluded eggsparking placesmall hotelgreat location and staffrestaurant downstairstop floorbig bathroomminute walk from the hotelshort walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We would like to thank Gorana for her hospitality when we stayed at this hotel on 21 May, 2013. She even remembered my emails regarding a parking space I had sent to the hotel. We really appreciated the wonderful breakfast on the day we arrived, letting us have our rooms early, your assistance in arranging a transfer to the airport at 5.00 a.m. the following day and the help we received taking our bags up and down the stairs. It was lovely to spend a night in such an historic, quaint and clean hotel.

Room Tip: We had the room adjacent to reception which was great and there was a fresh water fountain just outside our door.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful May morning after a very good. night sleep down the stairs on the terrace in a beautiful garden area we had a
Home cooked breakfast of omelette ham and cheese. Mostly locals seem to eat here as it is in buisness section of town. Whats that tell is? Excellent value and they take credit cards!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Journeyman644
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spent 4 nights in this lovely hotel. Rooms were very clean and nice. The hotel location is perfect, short walking distance to the Riva, the marketplace, diokletians palace and also to the beach. The breakfast served downstairs in the restaurant was nice and fresh. Hotel staff was great! I have never met so friendly and helpful staff, we really enjoyed our stay here! I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AStonelake
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Small cosy family owned hotel in an old restored building with only 5-6 rooms. Clean and nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff speaking good english. 10 minutes walking distance to the Riva and Diokletians Palace, as well as bus/train station and ferries to the islands. Good breakfast available in the small restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was having a very bad day when I found Hotel Villa Diana, in fact it was something of a crisis! The fact I was given a friendly greeting by Matthew, who spoke perfect English and provided me with a comfortable, well furnished room rescued me from what could have become a nightmare...

Split airport had been closed by unprecedented snowfall, the like of which Dalmatia only sees once a decade. A free bus laid on by Croatia Airlines dumped me in the middle of Split, a city I've never been to before and with nowhere to stay I was glad to find Hotel Villa Diana but nervous of walking into a hotel I hadn't researched in advance. I needn't have worried!

Instead of taking advantage of the fact I hadn't precooked, Matthew gave me a very reasonable room rate, lent an electric heater to boost the warmth and directed me to the utterly fantastic pizza place just over the street which truly lived up to his description of "best pizza place in Croatia". For the next three days I was holed up there, as nothing moved out of Split by rail or air. Despite the difficulties the hotel made sure their guests were provided for and laid on a marvellous breakfast each day. I even had my pick of Matthew's DVD collection to watch on the DVD player and large plasma screen in my room. Meanwhile work just had to accept that i wouldn't be back for a whie. Getting stranded in a foreign city has never been such fun!

On leaving the hotel, Matthew wouldn't even accept a tip. Really first class service and the kind of honest and reliable service which is rare in the hotel industry, but always remembered and appreciate by guests. I hope one day in the future I will return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo