“The must not miss place to eat in Split!”
Review of Mazzgoon

Mazzgoon
Ranked #60 of 405 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I recently went with a friend to split and found in general the food on offer was everywhere and very much varied. Most places do look beautiful and are indeed that!

I was walking around looking for something a bit different and a bit 'out there' I had walked past this place and actually informed the owner I was going somewhere else. His enthusiasm and personality was somewhat infectious and it was like speaking the next Jamie Oliver!

We turned around and went straight back to be greeted by the owner and seated in the most amazing surroundings. We were given the menu on paper bags (which you can keep - fantastic marketing concept!)

I was thoroughly briefed ont he menu and based on my taste and preference what may be good to try - he was refreshingly knowledgeable and so passionate about his food and once it arrived it was obvious why!!

I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises but lets just say the food was on par of some Michelin star UK establishments and the genuine dedication to detail was truly commendable.

Award winning Olive Oil which is AMAZING and also small touches like different salts for your meal. My friend has very particular tastes lets say and is restricted to what her food preferences are, she ended up trying three things that she had never tried before and LOVED it! We recommended people we met the next day to go and they found us in a wine bar that evening to thank us as it was a must!

Overall amazing food and service and thank you all at Mazzgoon - Hard work and passion does pay off it would seem!

2  Thank Samantha T

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Having passed by several times during our stay in Split, as it was near to our appartment, we were so impressed by the ambience and the creative menu we decided to give it a try on our last night. That was mistake we should have gone there earlier!! The food was excellent as was the service and so reasonably priced too. Fillet steak, home made pasta with shrimps, drinks and sweet of cheesecake for both of us. The quality surpassed anything else we had eaten in our week in Croatia. The wine was recommended to us by the friendly waiter and they insisted we try it before we made the decision. Great atmosphere in the courtyard with the guitarist playing in the background and great value too. All for less than £34 and no cover charge. No wonder people were queuing up as we left.

5  Thank Chriss9042013
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We found this delightful restaurant after reading about it ina paper "Discover Split" we shared a starter of sword fish carpaccio which was delicious. For mains my partner had stuffed sea bass and I had the fish Gregada (fish stew) which was so delicious and far too much for one person so I shared mine with my partner. The ambiance was perfect with a guitarist playing soft music in the background. We sat in the courtyard which was perfect. We will certainly will eat here again. I would say one could call this food fine dining.

3  Thank jenny e
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

5 STARS from us will recommend it to everyone couldn't faltered anything. Service and food brilliant. We ordered the shared fish amazing.

3  Thank RoseyPeter
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We went here against better judgement because of tripadvisors nr 4 rating. I think some people rate this so high because they compare with the restaurants by the Riva or on the Piazza.

This place is not bad but absolutely nothing to write home about. The service is ok and the food is barely ok (ok for a lunch meal worth 79 kr in Stockholm). But it is quite expensive and you can get a lot better for that money.
The plus is nice ambience and good classical guitarist playing in the background.

This place deserves average rating.

2  Thank Ratatosk101