$131
$326
$192
Travelocity
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$259
$217
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

All reviewsgreat locationdiocletian's palaceold townsea view roomno liftthe upper floorsflights of stairsstay there againbreakfast includedtwin roomside streetnoisy at nighttop floorstayed nightssmall kitchenminute walkbreakfast room
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My friend and I have just returned from staying here for 3 nights. Whilst the location was fantastic (right in the middle of everything) it was a basic apartment we found ourselves in. We had 2 twin bedrooms, which were fine, but the bathroom was tiny, with a handheld shower the only means of washing yourself. The 'kitchen' was even smaller. A hot plate, sink, cups and plates and a fridge. There is no way you could cook anything, unless you wanted to heat soup or hot water to make tea or coffee, assuming you had brought your own from home or at a supermarket. Having said that, the rooms were very clean and bright and over looked the square where the hotel is situated. The AC unit was a very nice touch as it was extremely hot in the rooms. The receptionist was very nice and helpful, the breakfast was basic, but ample for us. The only other gripe I had was that within our apartment we had no communal space, no living room so if there has have been 4 adults we would really have struggled to fit in and used the bathroom and kitchen. We had the option of a small double room, a triple room or the apartment, I wish we had taken the triple room and saved a little money as I booked the apartment for the space and convienence which I feel we didn't get.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We spent three nights at Hotel Kastel. The room was very nice, clean and cosy, we just missed a free wifi internet access. The price of the room is a little bit expensive, but the location (ideal !) is worth it. The small drawback is the noise: as it is just in the heart of the area with the eateries, bars, etc., it is noisy at night (even very late in the night). The breakfast was great and plentiful. We had a very pleasant stay there !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CamilleetChristian
Reviewed August 17, 2010

ideal location, as the b&b is built against the walls of the old castellum. Reasonable prices, so dont expect 4-star quality. Good value for money. Certain rooms however have noisy aircon systems... so better try to avoid these!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We arrived at Split Airport jumped straight on a bus into the main town, found the hotel immediately just off a beautiful bussling boulevard filled with eateries and bars. The room was spotless, small bathroom but very comfortable. The breakfast basic but filling (croissants, bread, ceral, cheese, ham, eggs).

I am very fussy where I lay my head to sleep and had no problem catching 40 winks. The place has so much enegy people sitting drinking coffee and eating and 15 minute walk to the nearest beach.

Very close to the bus station and ferry port. Plenty to see and do, but if you just wanna chillax then take a seat at one of the many bars and watch the world go by.

Plenty of shops to browse around and if like me you love shoes, well this is the place to be!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

we have stayed here a few times when our flights have been too late for the boat to Hvar or vice versa. Although it's £80 - £100 a night this is not too bad for Split. It's clean and comfortable... It can be a little noisy but anywhere in the middle of anywhere is bound to be - anyway, the fact you are in the walls of Diocletian's palace make up for it!
We've never bothered with breakfast as we always head around the corner to one of the cafes on Riva... probably even more overpriced but such a pleasant way to spend a morning!
I stayed here when I was pregnant and it was OK but I was a bit wary of the stairs as all the stairs and pavements in the palaca walls are extremely slippery when wet.
This hotel is great if you:
Want to be in the middle of things
Can walk up stairs (roman architecture is not too wheelchair friendly i'm afraid)
Want some where which is (relatively) well priced
Need to be near the port (e.g. getting a boat over to one of the islands) or near the bus/railway station (e.g. buses to Bosnia, Serbia; trains to Zagreb)
Want somewhere clean but not luxurious
Want to be near good restaurants, cafes and bars
I would recommend this as a great 1 or 2 night hotel for seeing Split... for any longer I would consider staying out of Split centre so that you can go to the beach and get a bit more peace and quiet!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple