Art Hotel
$238
$247
$235
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslot of traffic noiseair condition was workingdecent showerrooms are spacious and cleanold townking size bedcold meatsmain roadenjoyed my staymini barfour nightsvery nice hotelminute walkbalconycroatiajokerharbour
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here on 23/10/13 for one night with friends rooms were very clean and spacious only a 10 minute walk into the town center breakfast plentiful .would defiantly stay again on my next visit to split

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and son drove to Split from Budapest and had three beautiful days. The Best Western was adequate and very inexpensive. It was a 10 minute walk to the center of activity in Split. The included breakfast was very good and the hotel was a bit small but clean and well worth the price.
Parking was available in a secure area behind the hotel. We stayed in the main hotel, not the annex.

Room Tip: From the reviews, make sure you book in the main hotel and not the annex.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pat b
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After a month of using family-run accommodations throughout Dalmatia, we found this Best Western hotel delightful with all the pampering: wash-cloths, hair-dryer, soft pillows, large room, king-size bed, many TV channels, champagne for breakfast... Free Internet terminal and free breakfast, free parking in the courtyard behind locked gates. At least 20 min to Roman palace on foot. Only two complaints: no in-house restaurant for dinner, and the room door had to be slammed loudly to close it (at 6 a.m.!).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the annex and I read the reviews and knew I wasn't in for a treat. Mostly it was exactly what I expected, in other ways I was impressed and others even more disappointed.

After driving in from the airport late at night it would have been nice if the parking was better marked. I found it right away but it was secured by a gate (major plus overall) but the signage on the gate did not make it clear that there was an intercom unless you spoke Croatian. This forced me to drive around an unfamiliar city to find the hotel again.

Once inside they were very helpful and fast with check in. They explained parking and wifi, and even escorted me to the annex building.

There was a sign up that said something along the lines of "this building is not part off the Best Western chain and does not meet its standards" it would have been nice to know this when I booked. I probably would have made the same choice but it was disconcerting finding out as I checked in at midnight.

The room was overall clean but had weird stains on the floor. Other than feeling the need to always wear shoes it was okay. The bathroom was surprisingly clean. I was surprised that there was no blankets at all, just a thin top sheet. For the second time this trip I was grateful I had my travel blanket with me.

The thing that ruined it for me was that there was a night club or something nearby that was so loud so late into the night and even the earplugs I bought for an F1 race wouldn't time it out.

All in all, if you can sleep through nose and are looking for a quick overnight this isn't bad. But unless you're used to hostels I wouldn't recommend it for more than one night.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Christy D
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We booked trough Gala Hotels website a 4 stars hotel. When we arrived at Best Western the room was in the external of the hotel, no lift, no air condition. When we complain about it, the receptionist`s answer was " it´s not muy bussines". We book a 4 star hotel and spent the stay in a guesthouse.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
3  Thank Tatiana T