“Little miracle from Vestibul Palace hotel”

Hotel Vestibul Palace
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Split
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed Vestibul Palace hotel with my lovely wife on June 18 for 1 night.

My glasses was broken while in travel and since I barely see anything without glasses, I was having a hard time to enjoy my travel, solely relying on my sunglasses with strong lens.
I had tried to find a way to fix my glasses in previous hotels and stores but no one can fix my glasses.
Just to be sure, I talked with one of Vestibul Palace hotel staff (Mr. Bolis) regarding this difficulty and he said leave the broken glasses and he will figure that out. When I came back to the hotel room, surprisingly, there was a repaired glasses with small memo on the table, saying "with our compliments".

That was one of the greatest experiences which I hadn't expected even in previously staying five-star hotels in Dubrovnik. As an aside, I loved its cozy atmosphere which spread out all around the little place. I left the hotel with wistful mind of the short stay (1 night) at the place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and everything was perfect. The breakfast was delicious and our rooms were beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spent two nights at this lovely little gem. The staff, especially Drago, Branimir and Mariana, could not have been more accommodating. They went above and beyond to make our stay so pleasant and memorable. If you plan to visit Split, you must stay here. The food was fabulous and the presentation an art form, we had dinner there both nights. The interior design of the hotel showcases the modern contrasting the ancient, beautifully done!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

More central in the old town, you cannot get. Like most decent hotels in Croatia, it is not cheap, but the service was really good and to have the walls of your room dating back to the 3rd century, is somewhat unique. If you are in Split for a night, I would recommend that you consider the hotel, and enjoy the opportunity to walk past and chill and cool down at any time before you head out to explore further. It is really convenient and makes a short stay, such as ours that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The fact that this hotel is within a Palace dating back to the 3rd century is in itself very special and quite surreal. But what makes the hotel even more special is its personnel. Welcoming, friendly, helpful and exceptional in every way and aspect. Not to stay at this hotel would be to miss out on a perfect experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at the annex Villa Dobric in Split. It was difficult enough to find the main Vestibul Palace hotel in the old town, but fortunately one staff member accompanied us to the Villa Dobric which was located a few hundred metres away from the main hotel building. The old town of Split is very crowded and hot during the summer so it is nice to find a peaceful home away from home in the middle of it all. There are good restaurants just outside the hotel and everything is close by. However, in my opinion Split is just a gateway to the island a day trip destination at the most. If you decide to stay overnight, then I would recommend the Vestibul Palace. The breakfast at Villa Dobric is a basic continental affair (with not much choice), and you can eat outside of inside. There are only four rooms, two superior rooms with the bedroom part upstairs and the couch and bathroom downstairs, and two standard rooms just above the reception. There are lots of stairs in the hotel, so if you are not comfortable with narrow staircases or going to the toilet in the middle of the night and having to walk up and down lots of stairs, choose the standard room (or another hotel). The rooms look nice, but something is missing from the SLH-standard. I was expecting soft pillows, luxury magazines and Egyptian linen or the like, but it was very basic (and the magazines a couple of years old). The bathrooms are nice with many amenities. The best thing with the hotel, without a doubt, is the staff. They are all very friendly and helpful. A nice boutique hotel:)

Room Tip: Beware of the steps in superior rooms! Restful sleep is the norm here!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NikkiNovak
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Overall impression is very good, but some issues prevent me from giving five stars. Since the price of 230 Euro per night is very high, I expect something special. No doubt the hotel is good, the location perfect (very central, but pls remember that city center will never be the quietest location, but it was still ok), service nice, but for example during breakfast I was never asked if I would like to have eggs and how. You certainly could get eggs, but u have to ask for 'em. No fresh juices at all.

Room size is fine, but the mirror in the bathroom remained dirty for the days we stood there.

The hotel offers WiFi, but during two out of four days the Wifi broke down.

During check out, I joked, that they must not forget the discount cause of the internet problems. We paid 15 Euros a day for parking our car in their own garage and they could have discounted us one day for the inconveniences easily, but didn't.

Pls dont misunderstand me. I liked the hotel and recommend it, but for 230 Euros a night plus garage, in Croatia, I expect more excellence. The value for money ratio is improvable!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends