“It's the best Hotel in this part of the world!”

Hotel Vestibul Palace
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Split
London, United Kingdom
“It's the best Hotel in this part of the world!”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

What to say?

From the minute I walked in until the I time I left nothing was too much trouble.

The wonderful staff always show a friendly respect. The room? ...as good as I knew it would be. The breakfast and dinner are more than excellent enough for me not to want go elsewhere. The variation of food is enough to always excite one's appetite, the wines are local and good. Pricewise, it is not the cheapest but compared to others in the same price range, head and shoulders above all of them. Having visited Split, for busines reasons, for eighteen months or more I had become aware of all the hotels in Split and its environs. Given availability, it is after all in the very centre of the city and the Diocletian Palace, I will always choose this hotel over all others.

Would I recommend it to others? Only to those that I knew would appreciate a good thing when they part of it!

Room Tip: They are all as good as each other, remember there are only seven or eight..
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank CarlAH01
, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vestibul Palace, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Our dearest Mr. Carl,
Thank you for your kind words and we would like to see you soon back with us!!!

With love from all of us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Our family of ten occupied the four rooms in The Villa Dobric Annex. The rooms were beautiful and the staff was very helpful and friendly. There is no elevator (I'm not sure they are allowed within the old town) so the stairs and the walk from the parking lot were challenging for anyone with mobility issues but the staff came up with creative solutions. If you are driving into Split and parking, ask the hotel for instructions to make the experience much easier. There were many delicious restaurants, historical sights, and shops nearby. I highly recommend a visit to Split and this hotel in particular.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LovesToTravel039
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Hotel Vestibul Palace - No they don’t have a gym or a pool or a spa; what they do have is cute apartments within Diocletian’s Palace walls! Right in the heart of shopping, sight seeing, cafes, restaurants, bars, nightlife. We stayed in a loft-style villa and had a cute view of city within Palace walls. Only a short stroll away from ocean front and more bars. Short walk from Marjan Hill which has one of the best BBQ restaurants named Perun.

Their service was second to none. Everyone was very cheerful and happy, and unbelievably helpful. (Why wouldn’t you be when you live in beautiful Croatia?). Breakfast was lovely and included bread, yoghurt, juice etc. If you want more of a variety for breakfast you do have to pay more. We arranged for a car and driver through the hotel to drop us off in Dubrovnik. Branimir was our driver. He was very informative, knowledgable, and fun. We enjoyed his company immensely. Our experience with Hotel Vestibul is one of many things that made us fall in love with Split. When we go back we will surely stay at Hotel Vestibul.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Transient-friend
Dear Lady-Pimp thank you for these words...we are very happy that we contributed to the satisfaction of your vacation and that you enjoyed so much! We would surely like to welcome you again in the future!
Kindest regards from all of the staff!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Vestibul Palace for 10 days at the end of March 2011 . The hotel itself is in the most perfect location for exploring the beauty of Split and Diocletians Palace.From the Hotel Vestibul I was able to walk everywhere that I wanted to go. The hotel itself has been beautifully and tastefully restored. The rooms are a superb blend of old and new.

The staff at the Hotel Vestibul are truly amazing . I can honestly say that I have never encountered a more helpful group of people working at a hotel. They take care of everything with a smile. They truly care about the happiness and comfort of their clients. They make it so easy to have a fantastic time at the hotel. Everything is taken care of.

The food at the Hotel Vestibul is also wonderful!

I highly recommend the Hotel Vestibul Palace. I have told all of my friends and family that the Vestibul Palace is the place to stay if you want the best that Split has to offer!!

Room Tip: I had room number 5 and it was great!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
new york
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We arrived in Split after a wonderful three days in Florence, Italy. We knew we had accommodations at the Dobric House...an annex to Hotel Vestibule but we were very surprised when we got there. The rooms were tiny and the beds were up a spiral staircase while the bathrooms were on the first floor, extremely inconvenient and could be somewhat dangerous. Although the staff was very helpful, you did not feel like you were in any way in a luxury hotel. Very disappoiting way way to start our stay in Croatia. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travplaces
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We just came back from a trip to Split Croatia, among other destinations in Eastern Europe, and had the pleasure of staying at the Vestibul Palace Hotel. Overall experience was unbeatable in terms of the location, convenience, and decent service. The breakfast was tasty and was included in the rate. Location wise, I rate it a 5. The 7-room hotel is located right in the Diocletian's Palace complex. In fact, it's right by the main tourist entrance (southern gate by the subterranean section), and provides easy access to transportation, restaurants, the waterfront promenade, and all the historical sites. The staff and receptionists were decently friendly. My only complaint was that we inquired about train arrangements from Split to Budapest, which was going to be our next destination, prior to check-in when we were still at Dubrovnik. The gentlemen we spoke with on the phone promised that he'd get us the necessary info by the time we arrived for check-in. That didn't happen, so we asked again upon arrival if he could help us look into it, to which he gladly agreed. A few hours later, he was already off, and apparently he still didn't look into it. The lady receptionist on duty went on to the relevant train website to help us research the matter, which was nice of her. In case you're wondering, there's no direct train to Budapest. One would need to first take a 10-hr train ride to Zagreb, then on to Budapest, and the whole trip would take a good 15+ hrs. So we decided to fly instead (appx USD100 each). Other slight annoyance was about the bed. While Split is quite hot right now, the room was equipped with a/c, and our bed only had sheet covers, so we were quite cold at night. I could've woken up in the middle of the night to ask receptionist if there were any comforters, but to my fault, was too lazy to get up and ask. Found out in the morning that the comforter was in the closet. Point is that I think that any hotel should always have a complete set of sheets and comforters on the bed, and it's up to the guest whether they want to remove it or not.

The wi-fi is free but seemed to only work in the common areas by reception. It's supposed to work in the room, but it didn't. I was in room #1 btw.

In summary, location a 5, service and attention to details a 3. Don't get me wrong, I don't think service and attitude was horrible, but it was to the level I would expect of any decent hotel, so it didn't blow my mind away. That's why on avg I give this hotel a 4. I would still recommend the Vestibul Palace to fellow travelers, especially given the location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cupertino, California
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Thank you for such pleasant stay and lovely room in villa
Each compliments to the friendly staff who make us so special.
We will recommend you to all our friends.

with best regards to all of you,
Connie & Cliff