“Great Jewish Heritage tour of Split”

Jewish Heritage Tour Split
Ranked #53 of 237 Tours in Split
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This is a walking tour of Split's general and Jewish sights. It includes the visit to the synagogue, the former Jewish ghetto, the old Jewish cemetery on Marjan hill, and other general sights in Split...the tour can be flexible and entirely adjusted to your wishes. I am a licensed tourist guide and a member of the Jewish Community of Split. In order to contact me please search for my website jewishtoursplit and read more about the tour, about me and see some interesting pictures .
Reviewed December 8, 2014

My friends and I took Lea's tour of Jewish Split. What a great experience. We were lucky to also meet her father at the Synagogue. He was able to give us another view of Jewish history.
Strongly recommend Lea to anyone interested in Jewish history.

All reviews
"information"
in 4 reviews
"war"

Reviewed October 6, 2014

Loved the Jewish Heritage tour, Lea was very knowledgable, interesting & informative. At the synagogue her Dad , who takes care of the synagogue , told us all about the community & history of the Jews in Split. Would definately recommend Lea, very professional & personal

Reviewed September 28, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful, informative, well paced, accessible and conprehensive tour of Split - including, but by no means limited to , "Jewish" Split. As a native and a local, Lea knows the city well, and brings her deeper knowledge of the history of the city to her own experience of growing up and living there. We learned much more than we had imagined, and enjoyed being with her. Lea let us determine the pace, which was appreciated and made it even more enjoyable (we do not like being hurried along or lignering in a place that we do not find especially interesting, which is one of the reasons we like private tours -- and have been with some private guides who are not as responsive to this). She was very personable, friendly, and open. Jewish history is important to us, and she knew the history of the Jewish community of Split well (she is part of that very small community) and took us to the synagogue where we received a very thorough orientation to their history and current reality. We were with her for nearly three hours, and the price ws so reasonable that I double checked with her twice to make sure that I had not misunderstood (I had not ). All in all, highly recommended.

2  Thank QIK
Reviewed September 27, 2014

My husband and I were in Split for the day whilst on a cruise of the Adriatic. We were recommended to her by some friends who had done the tour with her a month earlier. We were most impressed with her. She responded to our emails promptly, she was very punctual and her knowledge of the history of Split and of the Jewish content as well. Lea made our day in Split most enjoyable and very informative. She is a really lovely person and we would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank ElizMelbourne