“It is not even cheap!”

Hotel Bellevue Split
Ranked #48 of 57 Hotels in Split
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My primary memory here will be how hot the rooms were. The hotel seems to have been designed to capture the heat from the sun and trap it into the rooms. The is no air-con and I sweltered for the whole night as the fan pushed the super-heated air around the room. Beyond that, the whole place felt like it was falling apart, and listening to people at breakfast made us realise that in fact we were lucky as most things worked (ie the shower worked, the lock worked, the door actually closed fully etc). Given all of this, you would expect it to be a bargain, but no, it is priced as a decent hotel. Never again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Big_swim

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is so old and miserable. We did not sleep during what was thankfully our only night in Split because I spent the entire night cooking in an oven for a room and wiping pools of sweat off my face. There is no ventilation here. The breakfast was the only highlight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I remember it was low season when we visited the Bellevue Hotel in Split...exactly what we were searching for "faded glory of the 70's" minimalistic sophisticated. We took the apartment with a view on the Harbor and City. Even everything was dated it did not disturb me cause it reminded me of some B-movies in the early 1970's....I hope they will restore it respectfully and keep the charming authentic style!!! Mostly when charming hotels are restored the bathrooms are always too modern and in huge contrast with the original style....of the building. Here of course you have two totally different periods...which is end of the 19th century and the influence of the 70's used for the interior!!!! A challenge of the owner to find the right interior designer!!! Also be prepared in general when traveling to Croatia Staff is always a bit grumpy and never overwhelmingly hospitable....

Room Tip: the Suite/appartment in James Bond Style....higher floors have less noise!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vera007_13
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before our contiki boat cruise as that was recommended by contiki. It was way too expensive for what we got. There was no hot water, the walls were paper thin and you couldnt shut the windows was good to hear the singing and so on on the streets but not all through the night. But having said that it was clean and a decent place to stay. I just wouldnt pay $100 aud to stay here again there are plenty of other more affordable options around..

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Marieschultze
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a very good location near the split town and Harbour. The pros- breakfast included, cheap price, location. The cons- no air conditioning, staff isn't overly helpful, and rooms can be loud because the windows open to a square with restaurants etc... Rooms were clean though. It was a decent hotel. If I was on a budget I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank bryar22
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hotel Bellevue in Split started as a disappointment and did not improve throughout our stay.
I have a problem with walking up the stairs so, when upon arriving I found, you have to climb nine steps to find the lift and once there the lift was locked as the reception had moved to first floor, I was not happy. The man in the reception just got really grumpy when I asked why they said welcome to new guests with a locked lift. He gave the impression that, that was no problem of his. I was lucky to travel with my sister as she could walk up and send the lift down to me. If you travel alone and have the same problem as I, do STAY AWAY from hotel Bellevue in Split.

Later when I went to get the log in for the free Wi-Fi in public areas, the same grumpy man pointed to a PC in the corridor by the reception. I said I wanted to be able to use my own laptop, as advertised on Boking.com. He then remarked that the hotel could not be hold responsible for what was written on Booking.com, which is totally wrong as the hotel itself enters all details about the hotel.

The room was furnished in dark colours and had no designed area for my suitcase and no shelves to store clothes. As I was alone I made use of the second bed in the room. Next morning I found out that the showerhead had to be hand held, as the shower head did not fit any of the two showerhead holders. The bed was too hard so I woke up with a stiff back after the second night. On the other hand the room cleaning was superb and the noise from the street was kept out by the double glasing with outer wooden shutters.

The breakfast was just OK but came with luke warm coffee and no proper juice.

The location of the hotel is great with the end of the precinct shore promenade on one side and a lot of nice, budget friendly restaurants on the other side.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank __Joh__Ye
Reviewed June 13, 2013

we stay at this hotel 3 nigth . and we like everything breakfast,location, nice personal . and very good view ( we sea sea)
We did not use even fan,because tonigth wind from see bring cool air.

But because this is just near walking street and churh sometimes very noisy

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple