“Totally fine, exactly what you'd expect” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Globo

Hotel Globo
Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Split
London, United Kingdom
“Totally fine, exactly what you'd expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is absolutely fine for a £100/night hotel just outside the city centre. Breakfast was ok, free wifi was good and rooms were clean and spacious enough. The walk into the centre takes about 10-15 minutes, and the whole of Split seems pretty safe so we weren't worried about walking back late at night.

It's 100% what you would expect; decent rooms and decent location, nothing special but we weren't disappointed given what we'd paid

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank wonderfuldavey
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for sharing Your experience.
It is so great to see that we have fulfill Your expectations and that You felt good staying in our hotel.
Hope to see You again and wish You all the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you are looking for a decent hotel ,Hotel Globo is definitely the one. It´s not near the city center, but you can easily walk there. Nice room, wonderful breakfast, friendly staff. I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deuseana
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear,
It is so nice to see that You stayed with us in July, but still didn't forget Your experience and shared it now in September.
It is also great to read that You felt our Hotel Globo as a decent place, and liked our services, thank You.
Wish You a great day and hope to see You and accommodate in close future.
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were looking for a decent hotel to stay at over a weekend in Split. Hotel Globo was perfect. Clean, friendly reception and AWESOME free breakfast! Some of the reviews complained about it being out of the city center, but its really not an issue. Take 10 mins and stretch your legs people. It's very easy to get to restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. Air conditioning was great, bathrooms were very nice. For what we paid- we were very happy. If you are looking for a NICE hotel that's not going to rob you, Hotel Globo is the spot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for being very pleased with Hotel Globo services.
I'm glad You enjoyed Your stay in our property and didn't mind walk of cca 10 min to get to Old town of Split City.
Your words and compliments will push us to work more and keep our service the way You explained and felt it.
Hope to have opportunity to welcome You again in our Hotel Globo and City of Split.
Have a great day and all the best.
Rome
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Not in the city center but close to it. Very cleaned, modern and comfortable rooms, free wi-fi, free room services (including pizzas from a real pizzeria) and available and kind staff make this hotel a very good choice.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for taking time and writing a review for us.
I'm very happy You enjoyed Your stay in Hotel Globo and that You were well served.
Hopefully You will come back soon and give us opportunity to accommodate You again in our Hotel Globo.
Have a great day,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I read a few of the negatives below and I have to disagree with the writers. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Location - It's a 15 minute walk from Old Town. I arrived in Split by bus, and being on my own and dragging a suitcase around, it didn't take me long to find it. The location is much more quiet than if you were staying in the busy part of town, but that's why I liked it - sometimes it's nice to have some peace and quiet after a long day. I felt safe walking back from Old Town to the hotel at night. I didn't really mind what the surrounding area looked like, because as long as the hotel itself is clean and not run down, that's what matters.

Staff - Everyone was friendly with me. No problems there.

Room - My room was quite spacious, and it was cleaned daily. As for the view, it's not a view of the ocean but since I didn't spend all my time in my room looking out the window, that didn't bother me at all. Good wi-fi connection.

Breakfast - A good selection of hot/cold, sweet/savoury food.

Overall, I liked the hotel for what it offered for the the price I paid. I would recommend this if you're looking for somewhere comfortable to stay during your time in Split.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for Your review and for being so detailed and honest about service You had in Hotel Globo. It is so nice and so motivating to hear that You enjoyed and felt well being our hotel guest.
We'll do our best to keep all these positive comments and keep our service in very high level for all our guests.
Thank You so much for these words, because it is so nice to see that all work we put together is so well worth of having a happy guest for spending time in our accommodation.
Hope to see You soon back in our Hotel Globo and City of Split.
Have a wonderful day,
Warren, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel staff is multi-lingual, friendly and helpful. They gave us multiple suggestions for beaches to visit. Room had a/c which was nice to have in the heat. Breakfast is normal European fair, with the exception of the ham that they carve for you. Very good.
Room was clean. Parking is out in open area behind hotel, which concerned us a bit, but was not a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You for posting Your review and having a happy time in Hotel Globo.
I'm really glad You enjoyed Your stayed and found our staff helpful.
I'm so very sorry that You parked a car behind the hotel on the public parking, we have our private parking in the front of the hotel for all our guests.
Hope to be able to accommodate You and Your family in some close future and to provide You our hotel private parking.
Have a great day,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was the strangest holiday hotel I have ever stayed at................

Rooms themselves were fine (although bedding polyester not cotton) but the location and facilities are awful. It's in a residential area that reminded me of the Elephant and Castle in London. The hotel looks big, but it only has 34 rooms and the rest of the builiding is residential. The facilities are non existent. No bar. No restaurant.No room service. I am absolutely amazed that this a four star hotel - I would struggle to give it two stars. The atmosphere overall is slightly depressing and reminded me of an anonymous business hotel that you can't wait to get away from.

Breakfast is served in what feels like a conference room. Very average and also very weird. We were the only guests there and the waitress decided this was a good time to scrub the floor.............

I would only recommend the hotel as a stop over before travelling elsewhere. It's about 10 minutes from the old town of Split but the area is ugly, with high rise buildings and graffiti being the order of the day. Split is beautiful for a weekend visit but I would highly recommend staying in a two star hotel in the centre over Globo.

I stayed in Spit after 10 days in Hvar and the beaches in Split definitely nowhere near the paradise we encountered on the island. 2 or 3 days here for sightseeing and shopping is sufficient but I wouldn't recommend Split as a beach holiday destination. There are plenty of good restaurants in Split - "Chops" in the old town was really nice. It's also shoe heaven - I have never seen so many shoe shops and have now some Croatian shoes to add to my collection!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Sparklegirl75
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear,
Thank You for giving us Your opinion on Trip Advisor.
I,m sorry but I have to inform You that bedding in Hotel Globo is not polyester it is exclusively cotton. I also have to inform You that hotel can be four star hotel without having any of these facilities You are writing about (so called Bed&Breakfast Hotels). Although Coffee bar is just next door of the Hotel entrance and restaurant partner for lunch and dinner is situated in the Old Town - 10min. walk from the hotel. Room service is also available from 12:00 am - 10:00pm, there is a menu offer and information sheet in the room. All information is at disposal of the guest 24 hrs at a reception desk.
You have absolutely right by categorizing Hotel Globo as a Businees hotel, we are located in the main bussiness area of City of Split, but our door are open for all guests.
Breakfast is served from 6:00am - 10:00am in the breakfast room on the first floor.
Conference room that we have in the hotel is on ground floor and doesn't look at all as a breakfast room. I'm very sorry that waitress had to clean floor by the time You had breakfast, but if something is spilled it has to be removed immediately. Cleanliness is on high level in Hotel Globo, but not in a way to disturb our guest but to make him/her fell safety and clean.
I'm glad that You will remember City of Split by one good memory - shoes that You have collected. So sorry You didn't like or have a chance to remember our City for some more beauty that we offer, but hope You will come back once again in the future and give us all opportunity to make Your holiday more excited and more fun!
Have a great day!