All reviews diocletian's palace silver gate within the walls old town no elevator palace walls perfect location church bells rooms are small quaint hotel airport bus bell tower the owner top floor first floor amazing hotel palace area
Reviewed October 12, 2018

I love everything about this hotel. The staff was excellent, the room was adorable, and the location was the best I've ever seen, and I am a big traveler. You are actually staying INSIDE Diocletian's Palace! It's amazing! The restaurant is good, and since I had to fly out before breakfast, the staff gave me a little sack breakfast to take with me. I can't think of anything bad to say, except that there are quite a few stairs to the rooms on the top floors, but the porters carry your bags so it's not hard at all. I want to stay here again, but for a longer period of time.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Suziselt
HotelPeristil S, General Manager at Hotel Peristil, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Dear Suzanne I

Thank you for your kind words and leaving a review.

So happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel location and service - we are looking forward to your next visit for longer period of time.

Best regards

Reviewed September 29, 2018

This hotel is charming and located in the palace area so easy to explore and return to relax. It was not noisy. We were in the annex and the room was spacious The staff arranged a wonderful walking tour for us. They were delightful.Welcoming and helpful

Room tip: annex rooms are larger and quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Joanne M

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and our great location. Great to know you liked our private walking tour we organise for our hotel guests.

We hope to provide accommodation for you in future.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I can't exactly put my finger on why I liked this hotel. Perhaps because it was quaint and the rooms had not been done up to have that bland, could be anywhere hotel. Perhaps the thing that made this hotel were the staff, they were excellent and incredibly helpful. When we stayed there again they immediately remembered that I was a coeliac which I thought was pretty impressive.
The hotel is in a great location inside the old town wall, and has extremely easy access to the ferries, just a few minutes walk down the hill.
We had a slightly early departure but this did not phase the staff in the slightest. Wake up call, early breakfast, taxi laid on and waiting outside for us, the staff were brilliant.
There is a slight problem, but nothing to do with the hotel, but one night there was some sort of concert/disco/party in one of the squares which was quite noisy.
We enjoyed eating in the hotel courtyard which was slightly protected from the main drag. The food was good too.
I would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear John R

Thank you for your detailed review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in our hotel so much and you liked our decoration, our service and helpfulness of our staff.

Happy you enjoyed our restaurant food too.

We are in city centre so noise from nearby venues can happen and sorry it happened when you stayed with us.

I hope to see you as our guest soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

My husband and I with 3 other couples stayed 5 nights the first week of September at the Hotel Peristil, a small hotel within the walls of Diocletian's Palace. The location is outstanding, close to restaurants, shops, and historical sites. The rooms are small, but clean and well kept. The included breakfast is very good. But the best part is the amazing staff, so friendly and helpful, you feel like you are part of their family. The only negative is that there is no elevator--but not to worry! They carried our bags for us! They arranged for our transport from and to the airport and even got up early to provide us with sack lunches the day of our departure. Filipa and her colleagues at the front desk could not have been more helpful. My husband and I have traveled to Europe many, many times, and I can truly say this hotel is one of the most memorable ever. From the unique location to the warm hospitality of the staff, everything about the Hotel Peristil is amazing!

Room tip: Rooms 304 and 303 are wonderful!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
HotelPeristil S, General Manager at Hotel Peristil, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear MagistraMattingly

Thank you so much for your detailed review of your stay.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay so much - we do our best to make your stay great and help you during your stay with suggestions what to do as well as planning your trip beforehand.

We are thrilled you find our hotel one of the most memorable - Im sure we will see you again in Split and our hotel.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. The service / hospitality was great! The location is superb. The restaurant, lobby, building and rooms were beautiful, but our bed was extremely firm and we had a tough time sleeping. Though, our friends in the room next to us, did not have as firm a mattress and did not have the same problem. We very much enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back again (just might ask for a different room next time with a softer bed).

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear stacitaraleary

Thank you for your review - Im happy you enjoyed your stay and our service.

Im sorry your bed was firm and Im sorry you didnt said that when you were here as we could of do something about it.

Im hoping you will visit us again.