“best supporters”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“best supporters”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you are in Split and you are football fan make sure to see Hajduk in action, not just for the game but for the best supporters in the world, Torcida. Every time they make amazing atmosphere with their chanting and cheering and singing. We have one interesting phrase: Torcida dont cheer for Hajduk, they live for Hajduk

1 Thank sandra21000

59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Home of Hajduk Split”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

As a lifelong Hajduk Split fan, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see my "Bili" live in action at Poljud. Went to see them play in their Europa match against Dundalk. Although we lost, the atmosphere in the place was awesome. The singing, chanting, cheering never stopped. Even at halftime, it just kept on going. We couldn't help but join in. We were seated on the east side, close enough to the die-hard cheersquad that it felt like we were one of them.

The downside was seeing how run-down the stadium is. Going to the toilets...there's an experience. It's a free-for-all...men and women, stalls and urinals.

Overall, a fantastic experience.

Southampton, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“very old and a bit run down”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

i went here for ultra europe music festival. the stadium was very easy to get into and out of and i felt that it did well considering there were 40,000 people there all using the same exits and toilets. the stadium did take a battering and seats were removed and the toilets were disgusting. i would like to point out though that this was NO WORSE then any other festival i have ever been to and you have to expect it

1 Thank Anza_989
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Ultra europe”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We visited for the festival and I would have gave it a poor instead of an average but I don't believe it's the actual stadiums fault it's more the festival organisers at fault.

During the festival there were no bins to put rubbish, the place was filled with rubbish and no one picking any of it up. Toilets blocked up, overflowing, walking through human waste to go to the toilet. I ended up not drinking the 2nd and 3rd night just so I wouldn't go to the loo.

The entrance and exit malarkey that went on those nights was shocking I'm surprised no one was seriously hurt.

2 Thank Linzi_x
Mobile, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“One huge toilet of human waste”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We attended Poljud Stadium for the Ultra Europe Music Festival. It was the worst place I have ever been to in my life. Like a third world country land of human waste. There were about 60k-70k people at this festival, over 100k for the entire weekend. There was one main entrance and you literally got trampled and beaten trying to get in because there were so many people. We were fearing for our lives. The VIP Entrance was 15 minutes away on the other side but you could not get to the other stages from the VIP side.

After 3-4 hours into the event, the trash outside the stadium started to build up like a land fill. There were no trash cans so people threw their trash on the ground. The bathrooms were beyond deplorable. My wife took a picture of one of the women's stalls. The toilet was stopped up with toilet paper everywhere. People were crapping on the floor in the stall because the toilet was full. You had to walk in the human waste just to take a pee, getting crap all over your shoes.

The lack of exits, lack of traffic flow and deplorable bathroom and trash conditions are worse than some of the poorest areas in India. I was shocked to see an international company would hold a music even in this stadium.

I feel sorry for the city of Split, Croatia which is a beautiful place to visit.

1 Thank Bob B