“Ultra europe”

$44.77*
Split Sea Kayaking 3-Hour Tour
Ranked #38 of 171 things to do in Split
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We visited for the festival and I would have gave it a poor instead of an average but I don't believe it's the actual stadiums fault it's more the festival organisers at fault.

During the festival there were no bins to put rubbish, the place was filled with rubbish and no one picking any of it up. Toilets blocked up, overflowing, walking through human waste to go to the toilet. I ended up not drinking the 2nd and 3rd night just so I wouldn't go to the loo.

The entrance and exit malarkey that went on those nights was shocking I'm surprised no one was seriously hurt.

2  Thank Linzi_x

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We attended Poljud Stadium for the Ultra Europe Music Festival. It was the worst place I have ever been to in my life. Like a third world country land of human waste. There were about 60k-70k people at this festival, over 100k for the entire weekend. There was one main entrance and you literally got trampled and beaten trying to get in because there were so many people. We were fearing for our lives. The VIP Entrance was 15 minutes away on the other side but you could not get to the other stages from the VIP side.

After 3-4 hours into the event, the trash outside the stadium started to build up like a land fill. There were no trash cans so people threw their trash on the ground. The bathrooms were beyond deplorable. My wife took a picture of one of the women's stalls. The toilet was stopped up with toilet paper everywhere. People were crapping on the floor in the stall because the toilet was full. You had to walk in the human waste just to take a pee, getting crap all over your shoes.

The lack of exits, lack of traffic flow and deplorable bathroom and trash conditions are worse than some of the poorest areas in India. I was shocked to see an international company would hold a music even in this stadium.

I feel sorry for the city of Split, Croatia which is a beautiful place to visit.

1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

How does this pass as a stadium? It's like a gigantic prison. It hasn't been updated since it was built 35 years ago. Don't even get me started with the bathroom. I would rather hold my pee until my bladder exploded than use the bathrooms. I can't even describe how gross and terrible they are.

Poorly designed as the exits are way too small. Also falling apart and incredibly dirty.

4  Thank Alex P
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I took one of my Brazilian friends to the HNK Hajduk UEFA cup prelim game. As a crazy football fan, he loved all of it, and it helped that we won 2:0. Stadium itself is old, decent looking, but not an attraction like Barcelona's Camp Nou. If you want to go, go to the game. Wear white or blue-red vertical stripes. Those are club colors. When buying ticket, North is the most cheap, but usually crowded with fanatic fans. Then it comes East - I recommend it for family visit. West is pricier, but not classier as you would may expect. South is for visiting team fans. (Don't wear their colors).

2  Thank 3Petra
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Split is no exception to the craziness that are soccer fans around the world. The stadium is a little run down and I suggest you take some paper to seat on as you are not in a high-end stadium but the atmosphere is next to none!

You will get patted down on your way in (along with seeing riot police) and are not allowed to bring any liquids or lighters but when inside you will see that the locals have the sneaking things in down to a science as everyone is smoking inside the stadium. The soccer team is clearly dominant and the fans are very active supports rain or shine.

I never felt unsafe and the energy here is electric!

2  Thank HouseOfHearts