“The best 3 star hotel and service I had ever had!”
Review of Hotel Slavija

Hotel Slavija
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Split
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This little haven is placed in the center of town, better to say inside the Diocletian’s palace, close to everything (not even a 5 minute walk to ferry port and bus station). So if you want to enjoy Split this is the place to stay. This place is actually monument of culture… I couldn’t believe when I was told the history of this place.
We were looking for accommodation in Split over a month, and I must say it is too expensive in all the hotels there. Hotel Slavija gave us a 15% discount on room rates; it was 15% less than on Booking.com and Expedia… So if you want to save money contact them directly.
After checking in we received a map of town, map of Palace, had a private walking tour around the palace (and this was almost half a price than the local tourist guide office offered us).
After reading about Hotel I saw that lot of people complained on breakfast, Wifi or noise, I must say we only had great experience. The breakfast was really good (this is a 3 star hotel, so for this type of Hotel they are more than ok, it was great.. We did not have a problem with noise, we know that Split is Mediterranean town so for the place in hart of this town we know what to expect, but I must say that the noise is definitely not a problem. (If you wish to avoid noise you can stay in Hotels that are far from the old town like Radisson Blue, or Meridian…)
I would recommend this Hotel to everybody. The staff is great and really keen to help and they do try to make your stay really enjoyable. Location is unbeatable. Split itself is like a journey to history lesson but not boring jet exciting and lovely.

11  Thank rose e
There are newer reviews for Hotel Slavija

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel within the walls of the old city palace. The staff is extremely helpful. They are trained guides for the Palace and will take you on a tour. Marjan went out of her way to help us with renting a car, transport to and from the airport, restaurant recommendations, etc. We stayed there for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip and returned for a night at the end. It was like coming home! We would recommend reserving the rooms with terraces. The only drawback to being in the Palace is the noise from the streets below. Bring ear plugs to sleep!

11  Thank Clubnederland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here here on 3 occasions in May 2013. This is a nice clean hotel in a great location. The staff here are amazing and could not do enough for us, even letting us leave luggage there when we went to the islands. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
12  Thank Jakey777Perth
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Great location, clean large rooms, with very comfortable beds, and friendly and informative staff,for whom nothing was too much trouble. They even let us store our luggage there on our last day in Split, despite the fact we'd checked out 3 days earlier to go to the island of Hvar.

It meant our last day on holiday was spent on the beach and having a great time rather than sitting forlornly in one place surrounded by our luggage for 12 hours.

Cannot wait to go back very soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank EDGirl19
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The only thing I can say is – go and stay in this place.
It is recommended as best hotel for business travelers in Split but I would say it is also really romantic, little haven in the center of the very busy town.
After a stressful day usually I just go to my room to rest and finish the day’s work.. But in this Hotel it is a pleasure to sit on the reception, do your work and just talk with receptionists. I even got a chance to visit the Roman baths in the basement of the Hotel. They have a window from the basements directly linked to the basements of the Palace… and also had a short history lesson of Split and Hotel Slavija.
I stayed there for 7 days and after a 3rd day was offered a free upgrade to a double room with terrace for the same money.... so I can enjoy in the sun and view overlooking the town ??? I have never had this kind of service before I am a frequent traveler.
People you see there will do everything to make your stay enjoyable and stress free.

Room Tip: They do not have smimming pool- so just ignore my rate for it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
11  Thank Adam S
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great location, this hotel is right by the plaza, clean, friendly, lovely room with a large balcony, room 414 I think it was, very boutique feel - we went last weekend, it was a suprise birthday weekend, and this place was very special as it is part of the Emperor's palace.

Really friendly team who work there, always smiling and that goes with the rest of Split, friendly, smiling faces everywhere and very reasonably priced...

Breakfast was good, the breakfast room is small so there is the addition of being able to have breakfast in the room or in reception..

Would highly recommend, very close to everything!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank LJRD
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Where to start!
Location,in-design,comfort,receptionist and all other employees were so frinedly and sooo helpful!
Once more I want to thanks them:)
I really felt so good all 5-days there,i"ve been to many places but never felt so "home" like.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business