“Great place for a sunset coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bacvice Beach

Split Sightseeing Tour by Bus
Ranked #41 of 159 things to do in Split
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great place for a sunset coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Friendly staff, great coffee, and nice outdoor seating to see sunset. Definitely recommend this place!

Visited March 2013

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“sandy beach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Bacvice Beach is a sandy beach. It was dirty and very crowded. We went there in the late afternoon, but we did not find any free place to sit down or lie down, just far away from the water. It is really overcrowded.
Anyway, it is near to the city centre.

Visited July 2013
Zadar County, Croatia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“User-friendly safe and sandy beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Bacvice is a sandy beach, a bit dirty sand, but easy to walk on unlike the other rocky beaches of Dalmatia. Very shallow shore, great for playing a rubber ball game called PICIGIN. Pizza and beer, ice cream and massages are all here - with trampolines for young kids and a big horsehoe shaped shoreline to strut your stuff. All generations are represented here, no feeling of fear, my purse was buried under a towel and I knew it would be OK. Nearby outdoor movie theatre for night time viewing and local fast food CEVAPCICE for those who want to make a day of the visit.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Anastasia_Dalmatia
Brisbane, Australia
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 754 helpful votes
“Not as it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went for a walk on Bacvice Beach one June night just prior to the start of the tourist season. Apart from the three of us, there only a few other locals going for a walk on this cold windy night. I returned two weeks later and saw that the place was crowded with tourists from northern Europe, I guess. What amazed me, was the state of the place. Gone is the beach that once was, this modern version has definitely been remodelled with the aid of bulldozers and has a whole host of run down eateries and bars along its length. Coming from Australia with some of the best beaches in the world, I was saddened to see how this famous beach has been left to 'rot'. As one of my relatives told me, 'you need to walk out two hundred metres to get anywhere near water deeper than your knee'. He actually laughed when I told him I had gone there (it seems locals never go there). I remember when I visited Split in 1969 that the water was deeper, cleaner and the beach was a lovely place to visit.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank DEK_29
Dublin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not a great beach, but the sand was good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was the only sand beach we came across on our whole trip to Croatia, as it's manmade.
It was very crowded and noisy the two days we were there but it was still nice to relax. The water was beautiful and was very shallow for a long way out which was good.
Great little bar above the beach overlooking the sea which was amazing, especially at sunset - bliss!
Least favourite beach in Croatia!

Visited August 2013