“Very good”

Ranked #46 of 401 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Uje oil bar is the first croatian olive oil bar dedicated totaly to the mediteranian food based on the olive oil. This is the place where you can taste more than 50 varieties of the best croatian olive oils, and most of them are also on sale in our shop wich is incorporated in the oil bar. Apart from the olive oil you can tase many diferent croatian delicaties and enyoj in the traditional ingredients and flavours. Some of those ingrediants you can also buy in our shop.On our menu you will find many small local dishes, that are traditionaly eaten in Split, and we give them to you presented in a original way.We have a daily menu wich is rather short but fresh. We write a new daily menu every day and it is based only on the igredients we have bought fresh that day. Our signiture dish is our bread made with olive oil. We are baking it every day and it is one of the most important reasons to visit our place.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went for lunch and sat inside. Everything was good:the service professional and polite and the food was really delicious.We can recommend this one for sure!

Denis O, Guest Relations Manager at Uje oil bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Great restaurant - you have just got to be joking. The waiter was probably the rudest person I've ever come across in all of the restaurants I've dined in. Did not help with the menu whatsoever. Asked for the wine list - was told its one white wine by the glass when in fact it was not! A real bar with attitude. Asked for the bill. He didn't even bother to tell us the amount;just input it into the card machine. Ignorant. Please do not waste your money. I'm still enraged as I write this.

2  Thank Jilllian

Dear, thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This place is nicely decorated and I love every single detail in it. Food is average and it is a bit expensive . Wines and oils are great as well as atmosphere.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My parents come from two different islands in Croatia, so I can't even count how many times I am hungry with several hours in Split. This last visit I found myself in the heart of the "old city" eating an amazing meal. A meal that spoke to my Dalmatian soul. For the start, I had a tasty liver pâté encrusted with sunflower and pumpkin seeds. This was served with a hearty seeded cracker and bread both baked in their kitchen. I asked the waiter what would go with it and he suggested a chilled, crisp Malvasija (Malvasia). A perfect combo. For the main course I was given a few choices, and decided on the "stew". It was more like a soup with beef, barley, plenty of vegetables and dumplings. I now wish I asked for more servings to take with me. Yeah, it was that good.
Then came the dessert. Yowza! I couldn't decide (I never can when dessert is concerned) so I had the ice cream with fig pieces, drizzled with olive oil. That's right, and it was superb! I also had a Dalmatian favorite of a beautiful custard and egg white fluffiness accented with Maraschino (cherry spirits) and fresh strawberries 'n cream.
I will now make sure that all my friends who travel thru Split make this their meal destination.

2  Thank Larz2014

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Found this place by chance on a corner of a street in old town Split. It was not cheap but the quality of the meat board was excellent with a good variety of dried meats. My daughter had the grilled vegetables with a green olive paste. The tastes were excellent. Bread was excellent. The wooden environment of the cafe, come shop worked well and service was good. They had a good selection of wines available and were helpful in ensuring you got a wine that matched your taste. If you want a taste of excellent Croatian food I would recommend this place.

1  Thank Jim B