“Just had to see it”

Froggyland
Ranked #22 of 183 things to do in Split
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Dear visitors, with all our efforts to work on Christmas Market in Split this winter, considering small number of tourist in town, we are forced to reopen our exibition in summer of 2018. We look forward to see you again in warm summer days! Your Froggyland
Reviewed September 30, 2013

OK, my curiosity got the best of me. But, I was pleasantly surprised. I got quite a few laughs from the many dioramas of frogs. Look closely and you will be delighted with all the ways to pose a frog!

All reviews
in 27 reviews
"hilarious"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am a fan of the unusual. I love it when a city has an unusual museum or unique attraction. Froggyland in Split filled this niche nicely for me. One has to wonder what motivated Mere to devote so much time and attention to creating these diverse frog dioramas but he was so meticulous in creating each scene that you have to admire that strange dedication. We were amazed and amused. In my opinion, it was 20kn well spent. We also enjoyed reading the entries in the visitor log. The ticket seller told us that she read it every day. Some of the comments were quite humorous.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Fantastic exhibition, over 500 frogs in various poses and positions.

Have you ever wondered what it would look like if frogs played tennis? How about if they all went to an olde worlde school of some kind? I've seen it, and it's amazing.

1  Thank wonderfuldavey
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We felt so lucky to be in Croatia while Froggyland was there. The display themselves were neat, detail oriented, and gave you an idea of what life was like at that time-all thru stuffed frog dioramas. The guy working the ticket desk and display knew so much and was very informative. When we walked out there were a bunch of people looking at the sign and we told them they had to go in-now!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I happened upon a brief mention of this exhibit while doing research for a trip to Croatia and decided that I needed to include it on my itinerary. I worked at a museum for a number of years and am always looking for interesting exhibits to visit on my travels.
While it was not easy to find contact information for the venue, a local tour guide was able to confirm the location and hours for me. The exhibit was located in a small venue near the Diocletian Palace. While some of the signage was a bit garish, the exhibit itself was quaint and charming. The attention to detail in Mere's diorama's was wonderful. I only wish that it were permissible to take photos - I would have loved to share the images with friends.
In a nutshell, odd but well-worth a visit.